Need feedback on Xdeep EX1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yamadaty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did anyone try these in warm waters and what softness? Any idea what is their buoyancy?

The XDeep website is good to navigate and has many of the details I have needed.

Weight in water (one fin)
Large 0.24 kg
XL size 0.20 kg
Yes, XL is lighter for whatever reason according to their website.

I had used jet fins for 6 dives and was getting cramping. Most likely from not being used to such heavy fins. I have used these for the last 10 dives or so. I was recommended medium stiffness for similar characteristics to jet fins. Reach out to the XDEEP distributor in the US if you have questions. They have always answered the phone and on "contact us" rather quickly and with more info than I asked. I purchased their Zen BC, EX1 fins and bolt snaps. All are excellent and currently dive with them at Dutch Springs so 45-65 F. I have heard rumors there are places with warm, clear water but I have not had the chance to experience that yet.

@rvojr Thanks totally overlooked that tech part on Xdeep website. How flexible are your EX1s medium compared to Scubapro jet fins? Are they neutral or negative in the water?

They are negative weighted in water. They are similar in flexibility if I remember correctly. Without both, side to side, I'm unable to compare.

How flexible are your EX1s medium compared to Scubapro jet fins? Are they neutral or negative in the water?

EX1 medium is very close to SP JetFin in stiffness. My XL sized EX1 has slightly shorter blade than XXL Jetfin. EX1 is clearly negative in water. Also trim wise they are very close to Jetfins.

@taimen thanks. Have you got a chance to compare them to RK3 HD? I like the regular version but it's too positive in the water.

I don't have first hand experience with RK3.
EX1 is definitely negative in water. I lost one, bought new Jetfins (there are many generations, mine are made in Taiwan and with holes in the blade tip) and like Jetfins better than the ex1 mediums. There is no difference in trim, both are negative.
I could consider EX1 hard in the future as a negative short blade hard fin for exact control.

Hi guys! Would you happen to know if the x1 fins soft are positively buoyant?

Their web page doesn't indicate that there would be any difference in buoyancy between soft and hard.
They are negative fins, size L is heavier than XL in water (0.24kg vs 0.2 kg)

Send xDeep an email. They have been responsive to questions I had about different products.

Back
Top Bottom