need extra seals sewed into wetsuit...any suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm in the Atlanta, GA area and am looking for someone that could recommend someone that could alter my semi-dry wetsuit. The internal seals inside the arm and up from my wrist seals need to be longer. IMHO, so I'm looking for someone that could do this for me.

Please let me know if you know anyone in the Atlanta, GA area that might possibly do this. My LDS recommended that I send it back to the manufacture. Just looking for some local service.

Jeremy

That is similar to what my semi-dry has in it already but they are not very "long" and my arms at my wrist are small and the seal doesn't seal very well.
I would like to get something like a drysuit wrist seal and have them sewn into my semi-dry. So I would have the wrist seals at the wrist and also have a rubber seal , like a drysuit's wrist seal, sewn into the inside of the forarm area to make a 2nd tighter seal against my arm.
Currently the seals are not tight enough and water runs in...not seep but runs in becase I don't have a good seal on my arms.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a Bare 7mm hooded step in vest (dive tank has them under $100.00) to wear under my semi-dry for this winter with Bare 7mm boots and Henderson 7mm hyperstretch gloves. I'm hoping to stay warm until next winter when I hopefully can get a drysuit.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom