Need dive/snorkel recs...staying in Homestead early Feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riltri

Registered
Reaction score
Wife and I will be in Homestead for a few nights in early February and want to get wet. I dive she snorkels. We have no idea where to go. Are there any places for us to both snorkel that are free? Which dive operations in the Keys offer both?
Thanks!!

Key Largo has more snork shops than gas stations (true). Don't know of anything free or worth snorkeling from shore.

Most of your dive and snorkel options would be by boat . I am not sure about free options , but our
reefs are only accessible by watercraft . There are reefs in Biscayne national park as well as Key
Largo that would be good for both diving and snorkeling weather permitting . We are one of the many
gas stations or dive shops in Key Largo . Have a great time diving and snorkeling !
Sea Dwellers

Its a haul from Homestead, but can beach dive and snorkel in Lauderdale by the Sea and Dania Beach. You can rent tanks at Gold Coast Scuba.

You can snorkel in Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo. I know divers will occasionally dive off the park beach where the snorkelers enter , but I've always heard its not very nice. There is a scuba shop in the park and you can probably rent a tank there.

A better option is an operator like Quiescence in Key Larho. They have small six pack boats and I've been on trips which included divers and snorkelers on the same boat.

Note that marine conditions can be bad in the winter

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom