Need Dinner Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m here on the island for the week.

My go to places are GUIDOS, SORRISI, PEPES, and BUCCANOS.

Thinking along these lines.... turn me on to some place new.

Go.

Higher end places for a very reasonably priced fine dining experience - Kinta, Kondesa, or La Cocay.

Traditional Mexican, kind of touristy but nice - Casa Mission or Pancho’s Back Yard.

Real local flavor, great Yucatan cuisine, VERY friendly atmosphere - El Moro.

Real Italian with nice wine list (I’m a sucker for good Italian Reds, like a Valpolicelli), New Especias.

Lighter dinner, a good salad and several savory Empanadas, maybe a couple of sweet ones for dessert - Del Sur Argentine Empanadas. BTW, I hear that Del Sur also serves some good Argentine beef, though I’ve never tried it.

A friend suggested La cucina italiana on my last trip, and I fell in love. Only open weekdays 1-5pm, but worth planning a late lunch or early dinner. 15th Ave & 6th st.

And I wouldn't miss a visit to Los Otates, 15th Ave between Salas & 3rd st.

000.jpg

Chilangos or los seras across ths street. I love the huaraches at chilangos they are Huge.

I second Sal de Mar, Kinta, Kondesa

NEW:

Shii Fu - New restaurant brought to you by Bucannos - it's their Sushi and Asian restaurant and it's fabulous!

Another new favorite is A & D Kitchen - this is a Carnivores haven and you will get hearty sandwiches and burgers that you won't find ANYWHERE else - amazing french fries too - it's gluttoness (as in don't go here if you're watching calories, fat or carbs) although they do have a beet "carpaccio" a/k/a Beet and spinach salad with goat cheese, pistachios and a sweet vinaigrette (I could live on this) - they are in the last Prima location on Calle 10 between 2 and 4 on the right as you are heading north

I'll be adding both of the new places above to my restaurant list whenever I get around to updating it

Someone mentioned to me on my last visit there that Cozumel actually has too many great places to eat, many very economically. Kinda' like picking favorite dive ops. I've seen several that seemed good to me go out from such competition.

I’m here on the island for the week.

My go to places are GUIDOS, SORRISI, PEPES, and BUCCANOS.

Thinking along these lines.... turn me on to some place new.

Go.
Just back from our second time at Shii Fu. They seem to have some of the earlier service kinks worked out. Food is excellent. Ambience is to die for.

I have enjoyed CasaTomas, on Av. 5, between Calle 1 and Calle 3. Good Spanish food and a really nice garden setting. I have been there three times. I tried Sal de Mar and really wanted to like it, but I found it disappointing. Not bad, just disappointing and a little too expensive. Kondesa is good, but the menu is short. I like Kinta, but haven’t been in a while.

Back
Top Bottom