Need Compass Module...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fxrguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to purchase a compass module to fit a Sherwood CG3150 Navigation console I just picked up. Will buy new if I have to but would rather get something off e bay if possible. Was hoping some of you might be familiar with this console and would know what compasses will work/fit with it??

If you can show me a picture of what it should be I probably have one.

I do not know which one it is going to be. I have three compasses and they are all different. You might want to measure the distance from where the top of the compass is to the locking ring.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Compass 1.jpg
    Compass 1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Compass 2.jpg
    Compass 2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Compass 3.jpg
    Compass 3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Compass 4.jpg
    Compass 4.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 115
The "Sherwood SCUBA rep" sent me the following message;

"You will need a 2" diameter boot that we stopped making about 2006. There are some out there so happy hunting. Team Sherwood"

This was in referance to a Sherwood Source computer I wanted to put in a console though. I will pm him back and see what he says about the compass.

I will have to figure out how to link you reply to "Sherwood SCUBA rep" because he will probably know which one it is. I just bought the console and haven't gotten it in the mail yet. As soon as I do I will measure it as you suggested.

After searching through "Sherwood SCUBA rep" other posts I see that I am not the first person to ask him this question. From what I gather I guess what I need is a pre 2006 GC-N type module. How you can tell if one of yours matches that is anybody's guess unless it actually says GC-N on it. I noticed that one of your modules has a 7/06 date on it but couldn't make out the date on the other two. I also think the older modules were for 2" console's and the newer modules are for a more compact 1.75" consoles. When I get the boot I will measure the compass module compartment.

I do not know which one it is going to be. I have three compasses and they are all different. You might want to measure the distance from where the top of the compass is to the locking ring.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sent you a pm. How much for your modules? The black one looks like it might work.

No need to buy them all. When you get your console measure the distance from the top of the rubber to the lower side of the upper lip of the retainer. We can determine if they fit. BTW they are all 2" modules.

Edit: After a little research this morning I can almost guarantee it is the first compass pictured which is the white compass with the hose mount, and retractor. Since it would be about $42 shipped I will do $20 shipped. Plus you get the hose mount for FREE! LOL

Genisys

Aeris

Mount

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom