Need company for Verde day trip + Bohol questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuggler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Many thanks to those who replied to my previous post; you guys helped me narrow things down. The first part of our 16-day trip has been finalized. We're spending 2 days in Manila to unwind and then 5 days in Puerto Galera. (Staying at El Galleon and diving with Asia Divers.) I'd really like to do a day trip to Verde Island but they have a minimum of 5 people to get on a small banca and the prices for a speedboat are of course higher with less people. Soooo, I'm looking for other divers who can join us any day between November 15-19. Please let me know if you're interested and which day you want to go. :) I'd be happy to buy you a drink or something.

As for the second part of our trip, I've decided (based on the reading I've done and the majority's preference on this board) that we're going to stay in Bohol. I'm sacrificing lechon in Cebu for a day trip (or two) to Apo Island. :( (Please assure me that it's worth it! lol) So which dive ops on Panglao do hassle-free trips to Apo Island and Cabilao Island? Do they always require a minimum number of divers? How different are the sites around Apo and Cabilao compared to Panglao? Lastly, is Balicasag a special day trip like the aforementioned islands or do most dive ops go there regularly from Panglao?

Hi fuggler,

When are you going? I'd be very surprised if AD doesnt have a trip going to Verde in the 5 days you are there. If not then just take a walk around and ask the other dive shops if they have trips going...

in terms of Apo/Bohol...I don't know if people do day trips to Apo...but its going to be a long day...min 3 hrs boat ride... but Apo is great...personally I'd probably either try and get an overnight in Apo, or leave it till the next trip. Bohol and Balicasag have plenty to offer while you are there. Balicasag is in my opinion equally as good as Apo, although maybe without quite as many sites or hard corals in the shallows. Sorry but I dont know if Balicasag and Cabilao are special trips from Panglao or not...sure someone will pipe up...

hth

agree with Matt on Apo island. Most shops would have regular trips to Balicasag daily while Cabilao will have to be a special trip and will cost more because of the distance.

For Balicasag we left in the am about 730 and first went dolphin watching for a couple of hours. It was halirious watching 22 different bancas chasing after the dolphins. anyway we were back before 1600 at the resort in panglao. Give us a report on the el galleon & asia divers when you are there.

Matt, it seems like Asia Divers can go to Verde Island any day of the week, but the problem is they require a minimum number of divers on the boat. On the small banca which will take 45 minutes, there's a minimum of 5 people. $29 USD includes bbq, drinks, cottage rental, and park fees. On the other hand, it takes the speed boat 30 minutes to get there and there's no minimum # divers required. The prices are atrocious though - $80 per person if it's just me and my bf. The more divers, the cheaper it'll be, that's why I'm asking if anyone here's available during that week. (November 15-19)

Jigo, that makes sense...

Bluesteal, I'll definitely post a trip report on El Galleon/Asia Divers.

Hi Fuggler,

What I meant was that there are good odds there will be other divers in the resort when you're there, and they will probably want to join you. I'm guessing that AD are just letting you know that they can't confirm a trip will take place. Unless of course you are going when the resort is very quiet.

Good luck with it anyway...

Hi Fuggler,

What I meant was that there are good odds there will be other divers in the resort when you're there, and they will probably want to join you. I'm guessing that AD are just letting you know that they can't confirm a trip will take place. Unless of course you are going when the resort is very quiet.

Good luck with it anyway...

Ya maybe I'm worrying about it too much. It shouldn't be that quiet around November, right? Some of the resorts I looked at have that month as high/peak season.

Fuggy,
if while you're there the Asia divers Verde trip isn't working... Just take a walk along the beach and ask the different operators if they are planning a Verde trip! I know Atlantis does it very regularly. We saw their speed boat take off towards Verde several times a week while we were there... Just remember to take an Umbrella if you ride their speedboat... Even if it's sunny out...:eyebrow:

Fuggy,
if while you're there the Asia divers Verde trip isn't working... Just take a walk along the beach and ask the different operators if they are planning a Verde trip! I know Atlantis does it very regularly. We saw their speed boat take off towards Verde several times a week while we were there... Just remember to take an Umbrella if you ride their speedboat... Even if it's sunny out...:eyebrow:

Thanks for the tip, Codman. I just feel like I'd be wasting money since I got an unlimited diving package with Asia Divers. Anyway, why bring an umbrella? Is it a rough ride? tsk tsk I hope my bf doesn't puke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom