Need an aqua lung regulator guru

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSharkk

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to get my Conshelf XIV regulator overhauled. Does anyone know of a guru for these regs?

Thanks,

Jeff

I assume by "overhauled" you mean serviced. There is nothing unusual about the Conshelf that would prevent an actual tech (as opposed to a snot nosed clerk barely out of diapers) from servicing the regulator. It uses the same first stage service kit as the Titan. If it actually needs a new second stage diaphragm those are easily gotten and the exhaust valve is a standard item. The low pressure second stage seat is a generic item. I would get one of the new style swept exhaust tees while still available and a new silicone second stage diaphragm. If your second stage does not have the lever with the nylon bearing I would get a new lever(s) also. Depending upon how old the regulator actually is, if the LP hoses have become curled and stiff, replace those also. I hate stiff and curled hoses.

I just serviced a Connie XIV:

Titan first stage service kit: $34 (new HP seat, O-rings, diaphragm etc.)
LP seat (X2): $8
26 inch LP hose: $29
40 inch LP hose: $34
Exhaust valve (X2): $8

Takes about an hour not including the ultrasonic cleaning and degrease with Simple Green, IP setting an cycling and final adjustment and leak check, so maybe two hours total.

BTW, some may not agree, I do not really care whether they do or not, silicone exhaust valves and diaphragms can last many years, certainly more than a year. I check them carefully and reuse them unless I find a pinch, distortion or other flaw or indications of degradation.

N

Because my shop dosen't carry Aqualung or their other brands I'm not alowed to say how much I like the Conshelf. Beautifly simple, increadibly reliable, just a solid reg. Any tech that has a clue can rebuild these. I've even gone as far as doing some minor metal work on one of these.

Contact Bryan at VintageDoubleHose.com

He has the service kits and he might service your Connie for you.

Because my shop dosen't carry Aqualung or their other brands I'm not alowed to say how much I like the Conshelf. Beautifly simple, increadibly reliable, just a solid reg. Any tech that has a clue can rebuild these. I've even gone as far as doing some minor metal work on one of these.

If you own a retail dive store business, why cannot you say what you want?

N

Back
Top Bottom