Need advise for Reunion and Seychelles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Immeriswas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After some consecutive years diving in Indonesia ,we are planning a trip to Reunion and Seychelles Oct/Nov for a change .
7 weeks to spent for diving and other activities as hiking , snorkling , sailing etc.
Where would be the best places for diving and snorkling at both places.
Would it be advisable to move around on Reunion or to stay in one place ( some big discounts, if you rent a condo for a month ) and where would be the best place(s) to stay for both options - diving and hiking there?
Is 3-4mm wetsuit warm enough at that time?

Immeriswas my understanding is @Luko has significant experience in Reunion. If he doesn't see this tag perhaps try a PM?

You will find Reunion underwhelming diving TBH after Indo. Topside you will wonder what the hell took you so long - La Reunion is stunningly beautiful, cultured and the scenery is gobsmacking. Champix I believe posts from Reunion.
Look at St Leu - St Giles as a midpoint to base yourself, Bouqan Canot also in the same area but hillside and generally very expensive. Everything is expensive in Reunion..but worth it.
St Pierre down at the bottom of the island is just gorgeous and would be a good option to split your time between locations with one of the above - beautiful beach for snorkelling and a lovely all round vibe.
Renting a car is pretty much essential in Reunion - splash out on a heli tour of the canyons and Le piton de fornaise for a different view than that you would get from hiking.
Sunday nights downtown St Denis roulette style food trucks with the promenade closed is charming - I really can't say enough good things about topside Reunion.
I was diving in February so cyclone hence not optimum season with a lot of surge but there were quite a few nudis and I see some great photography out of Reunion (5mm tends to be my standard Indian Ocean comfort level) so I'd not rule it out altogether. I'm sure others with more experience there will chime in.
I've heard Seychelles is similar diving but have not dived there...yet :)

Thanks Wingy for the feed back. It sounds like the perfect destination for us, because we always like a combination of diving and topside activities like hiking, bike riding or just sightseeing. So Reunion probably will be more hiking and the main diving and snorkelling at the Seychelles ( there is not too much else - maybe a bit sailing)

You'd be a fool to miss the last days of humpback whale season in Reunion island, Peter.
Better than Tonga for sure....Just replied to your message :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom