Need Advice!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:confused: hey all,
i just started diving and fell in love with it.but now i want to take what i see home with me, so im lloking for some advice on what kind of decent begginer uw camera, or housing, or what ever. i truly dont know much about it. so if any one can suggest some ideas or products, im all ears..

thanks

tony

:shamu:

if you look on this forum there is a poll of which camera do you use.

another guy asked the same question as you not 2 days ago, have a look at his thread as there was a link to a site that will explain everything you need to know about underwater photography

Along with Clive's advice on researching a camera, I want to suggest that you concentrate first on learning your dive skills until they are second nature. I understand how excited you are about diving. And the underwater world truly is an amazing place. But in order to do it safely, you need your basic skills to be automatic.

Your bouyancy has to be perfect or you're going to be destroying some of those things that you want to photograph so badly. It's also very easy for beginners to get carried away with the picture taking and forget to check their gauges. That's a dangerous habit to develope.

I've been in your shoes and I do understand but please give yourself some time to get some experience under your weightbelt before you start taskloading with a camera.

I agree with Dee. I had been diving a VERY long time before I got a camera.

you need your bouyancy control to be absolutely instinctive before you get that amount of distraction. If you dont the next photographer will have a disaster area to document.

Back
Top Bottom