Need advice to dive in phuket / phi phi island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astronot

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,,

i'm  going to travel to phuket and phi phi island for about 4 days, around 3 - 6 june 2012. i'm planning to go diving over there, either at phuket or phi phi. but since i go with a group of non diver friends, maybe i just get 1 day chance to dive.  

can anyone help me to choose which place i better dive in to, is it in phuket or phi phi?
which dive centre i should contact?
and how about the price range? (for one dive, including dive equipment rent)  

thanks before

regards

I dove last year with Caroline and her crew at Blue View Divers on Phi Phi Island they were very good . I cant remember the price but from what I understood all the shops there charge the same price. I chose them because they dove out of the long tail boats in smaller groups which I enjoy better. For a one or two days of diving they would have all the equipment you need . Just do a search for them or PM me and I will send you her email and phone number if you like

Cheers
Michael

Hi all,,

i'm going to travel to phuket and phi phi island for about 4 days, around 3 - 6 june 2012. i'm planning to go diving over there, either at phuket or phi phi. but since i go with a group of non diver friends, maybe i just get 1 day chance to dive.

can anyone help me to choose which place i better dive in to, is it in phuket or phi phi?
which dive centre i should contact?
and how about the price range? (for one dive, including dive equipment rent)

thanks before

regards
The best divesites in the area are the ones that you can go to from both Phi Phi and Phuket. There are some other divesites specific to the places BTW.

From Phi Phi the boat rides will be shorter. Since you're with non diving friends, that would probably be your best option.

I dove last year with Caroline and her crew at Blue View Divers on Phi Phi Island they were very good . I cant remember the price but from what I understood all the shops there charge the same price. I chose them because they dove out of the long tail boats in smaller groups which I enjoy better. For a one or two days of diving they would have all the equipment you need . Just do a search for them or PM me and I will send you her email and phone number if you like

Cheers
Michael

Thank you for the info michael,,, i do some "googling" for Blue View Divers and went to their website, it looks goods.

i'm interesting to go to blue view diver once i get there,, can you sent me her email and phone number. i like to know about their price. i will PM you soon.

thank you very much michael

Regards
Tyo

---------- Post added ----------

The best divesites in the area are the ones that you can go to from both Phi Phi and Phuket. There are some other divesites specific to the places BTW.

From Phi Phi the boat rides will be shorter. Since you're with non diving friends, that would probably be your best option.

thank you for the reply stevenl,,, ussually how much time to consume for the boat ride to go to the nearer dive site from phiphi?
is the diffrent is significant if i go from phuket?
and can you tell me about the average price to dive in phuket or phiphi? just for me to know so i can prepare :)

thank you very much stevenl

regards
tyo

From Phuket, 3 dives in Shark Point area 3,700 Baht including transfers and equipment rental. Don't know the prices on Phi {Phi, but should be easy to find. On Phi Phi all prices are the same with all DC's.

From Phuket, 3 dives in Shark Point area 3,700 Baht including transfers and equipment rental. Don't know the prices on Phi {Phi, but should be easy to find. On Phi Phi all prices are the same with all DC's.

thank you verymuch for the info stevenl

regards
tyo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom