Need advice on Cairns diving/snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhawkins

Reaction score
I will have several days to spend in Cairns the end of May. Would like to take a one or two night dive trip. I'm with 3 non-divers who like to snorkel. Can both be done from one boat or should we separate? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated (also pub and other activity suggestions).

Thanks

There are several dive operators in Cairns and Port Douglas. Try contacting the Deep Sea Diver Den. Last email address I had was www.divers-den.com, phone 07 4031 2223. They were located at 319 Draper St, Cairns. I did one trip with Quick Silver, It's kind of a cattle boat dive trip, however, they did offer something for those that wanted to snorkel. I'm not sure if they offer night dives. You might check with Pro Dive .

As far as pubs, can't help you there other than they had plenty of them. I only spent a couple days in Cairns before heading to Port Douglas and Lizard Island. Have fun it's a great place.

Hi,

I went diving in Cairns last year with a dive company called Noah's Ark or something like that. I'd definitely recommend them. They also took snorkellers on board....

I chose this company because they were the cheapest around Cairns and they went on the smallest boat. In Cairns there are many dive companies who have large boats going to the reef. If you go on those, I'm afraid you end up looking at other scuba divers/snorkellers instead of the reef.... When I went diving with Noah's Ark, there weren't as many other boats around, so it was pretty good.

As far as pubs etc. concerned.... I recommend the woolshed if you're into backpacker style parties. haha... Many desperate people out there though, but lots of fun, sometimes they give free beer when you dance on the tables... :)
Another place I like was the Irish pub... can't think of the name right now... it's quite a small town, so you'll definitely run into it.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom