Need advice on Black pearl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cherry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend is offering me a great price on a Black Pearl reg. I already have an ATX 200. Is there much difference if any between the two regs? I see alot of hype in the advertisements but just cant separate the hype from the reality. :)

Cherry:
A friend is offering me a great price on a Black Pearl reg. I already have an ATX 200. Is there much difference if any between the two regs? I see alot of hype in the advertisements but just cant separate the hype from the reality. :)

They are the same reg internally.I bought one because it was a smoking deal and was cheaper than the ATX 200.I am still looking for a Atx 200 first stage if you are upgrading your current kit let me know.

Cherry:

I saw the black pearl at DEMA last year and talked to the rep about it. He said it's basically just a commerative thing. Special engraving on a standard reg. There is nothing different or special about it internally.

This subject has come up a few times already, if you do a search using the terms "Black Pearl" you'll probably find some more information on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom