Need advice from camera nut types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I need an ultra compact camera mostly for work, but maybe for UW. I was about to buy a Canon SD600 when I saw a (new model) Olympus fe 230. The Canon seems tried and true but the Olympus seems interesting according to the scant reviews I was able to find. They both have available UW housings. Any opinions on either camera? Help please. Thanks.

I haven't used that Olympus model but I do have a couple of their other very slim models. I adore my Olympus 5050 but the tinier cameras I've used aren't up to scratch. I have one of the ones you can take underwater shallow without a housing and the images aren't anywhere near the quality of my mom's SD400 Canon, and the newer Canon's are even nicer.

Hands down the Canon.

Or maybe check out the Fuji F30.

alcina:
I haven't used that Olympus model but I do have a couple of their other very slim models. I adore my Olympus 5050 but the tinier cameras I've used aren't up to scratch. I have one of the ones you can take underwater shallow without a housing and the images aren't anywhere near the quality of my mom's SD400 Canon, and the newer Canon's are even nicer.

Hands down the Canon.

Or maybe check out the Fuji F30.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom