Need advice for dive operators

Which dive operator do you recommend most? (Up to 2 selects)

• Fantasea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dive Bermuda

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Blue Water Divers

• Triangle

• Tucker‘s Point Dive

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beinan

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a beginner with only two dives before. For non-certified drivers, all dive operators offer a Discover Scuba Diving trip that includes a lesson and a one-tank dive. This is right for me. But I really don't which operator to choose. Options include Fantasea, Dive Bermuda, Blue Water Divers, Triangle and Trucker's.

The dive excursions offered by my cruise Norwegian Breakaway are operated by Fantasea, which is close to Dockyard. But I feel very few people mentioned this dive shop in Scubaboard. Is it because Fantasea is mainly for visitors not locals? Or Fantasea doesn't take passengers to real beautiful sites?

I have compared most reviews of all those dive operators. All have a good score in TripAdvisor. The location of these dive shops is not a problem for me. I care most about the reef site - whether beautiful or not. Other factors to be accounted include service, equipment (new or old), and group size.

So, Fantasea, Dive Bermuda, Blue Water Divers, Triangle and Truckers, which one do you recommend for a beginner? If you vote for Blue water divers, could you please tell me the specific location because BWD now seems to have three locations in Bermuda.

Thank you very much!
Beinan

Fantasea mostly deals with the cruise ship divers. I cannot comment on them since I'm local. Blue Water and Dive Bermuda are both good and reasonably close to where the cruise ship will be. Dive Bermuda is further (allow 1/2 hour drive) but has on site shower and changing room. I'd score Dive Bermuda slightly higher but they both dive similar sites.
Blue Water will sail out of the dock near the Somerset Bridge.

I've had great experiences diving with Dive Bermuda, and would definitely recommend them. I'd also suggest, regardless of the operation you choose, that you tell the staff that you are a new diver, with a limited number of dives. While I can't speak for the other operations, I have seen repeatedly the staff at Dive Bermuda go out of their way to help make newer divers more comfortable, and to see that they have a great experience.

One reminder, as there are no rental cars available in Bermuda, the half hour ride to Dive Bermuda's location would have to be done by taxi which could be a bit expensive, or by bus – working on their schedule as opposed to yours – and it would require a rather lengthy walk from the bus stop to the beach.
That said, based on my experience with them, I'd say take a cab and dive with Dive Bermuda.
Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom