Need a new 109(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im finding “rust” in the air barrel - like rust color and it’s coming off on a Q-tip. Maybe it’s brass that’s uncoated but it’s no longer smooth and shiny. I’m assuming it’s a gunner so looking for a fair deal on a pretty 109, BA, or possibly a G250.

Please let me know (email or PM) if you might have a nice one you wouldn’t mind parting with.

Thank you :)
Joe

Here are some pics

Attachments

• D5A4CFC5-4E7E-40DF-9BBF-61DCA09A45C2.jpeg
    D5A4CFC5-4E7E-40DF-9BBF-61DCA09A45C2.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 0822AFEF-1C15-4208-BBCC-ABC58D5065BE.jpeg
    0822AFEF-1C15-4208-BBCC-ABC58D5065BE.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DE2C2454-C6DA-4E0B-9B79-7C7B747318C5.jpeg
    DE2C2454-C6DA-4E0B-9B79-7C7B747318C5.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 154
Here are some pics
Most of mine are actually worse than that in spots... Work great, and I don't worry as much about how they're treated when the kids use them! If you do decide to replace it, let me know what you want for it... I may add it to my beater fleet!
Respectfully,
James

Im finding “rust” in the air barrel - like rust color and it’s coming off on a Q-tip. Maybe it’s brass that’s uncoated but it’s no longer smooth and shiny. I’m assuming it’s a gunner so looking for a fair deal on a pretty 109, BA, or possibly a G250.

Please let me know (email or PM) if you might have a nice one you wouldn’t mind parting with.

Thank you :)
Joe

A light coat of silicone grease will slow the corrosion process. I think your reg is just fine, but I'll be happy to sell you as many BA/109s/G250ies as you want.

If he is talking the inside of the air barrel:

(1) I would not recommend anything that is "sticky".
(2) I know the springs are likely strong enough, but I also wouldn't want that material in the air flow path.

Polish the barrel inside, and dive on!

Flush well post dive.

Now, if we are discussing the threads, yeah, a light coating won't hurt.

YMMV

If he is talking the inside of the air barrel:

(1) I would not recommend anything that is "sticky".
(2) I know the springs are likely strong enough, but I also wouldn't want that material in the air flow path.

Polish the barrel inside, and dive on!

Flush well post dive.

Now, if we are discussing the threads, yeah, a light coating won't hurt.

YMMV
Right. Unless my old eyes are deceiving me he is showing the left side (adjustment knob side) in the photos. But I've changed my mind. He definitely needs to send that POS to James and buy a replacement and a backup replacement from me-you too Mr. Westfall. How many kids you got? Each of them needs a primary & octo, "God Bless the Child That's Got His Own."

Most of mine are actually worse than that in spots... Work great, and I don't worry as much about how they're treated when the kids use them!

Thank you! Now I have something to do with my beater conshelfs. And I say this sincerely. They now can have a home! Another one of those things so obvious I didn’t think of it. I are a dork.

A light coat of silicone grease will slow the corrosion process. I think your reg is just fine, but I'll be happy to sell you as many BA/109s/G250ies as you want.
Do you have a 156 in like new condition, new/old stock?

Back
Top Bottom