Need a great way to spend your tax return this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Join us for our trip to Roatan

Check out our trip for July 12 - 19th 2008, leaving out of Atlanta.
Welcome to East Atlanta Divers

Staying at Coco View Resort.
Trip includes:
R/T Airfare from ATL
3 meals daily
Over the water Accommodations w/AC
Unlimited Shore diving
2-2 tank boat trips per day
internet access
use of non motorized equipment
Welcome cocktail
You will need $34.00 usd to get off the island
(departure tax)
Gratuity is left for the entire Resort staff at the
end of your vacation
$2.00/day/person for the hyperbaric chamber

there are some really cool things to do available at additional charges:
Dolphin encounter (I highly recommend this!)
Shark Diver (this too!)
Canopy Zip line tour (and this)
Tour of the island
Nitrox ($100 for the week)

$2049 - diver
$1949 - non diver
$300 Holds your spot

It will be almost like getting a free trip :D~~~:D Come make memories that will last a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about if we owe tax.

I will go if you pay my tax due - its not quite $50,000

Wow, if you owe that much you must:

1. be really rich so you could afford to pay for yourself and me too... :D

2. be really rich and have a bad CPA, most rich people don't have to pay taxes because of all the write off's/loopholes they have :14:

the drive down from RDU is not that far, how many will you have in your party?:wink:

Wow, if you owe that much you must:

1. be really rich so you could afford to pay for yourself and me too... :D

2. be really rich and have a bad CPA, most rich people don't have to pay taxes because of all the write off's/loopholes they have :14:

the drive down from RDU is not that far, how many will you have in your party?:wink:

I am a CPA - I do tax returns and planning for the wealthy. The write offs and tax loopholes are mostly fabrications in the minds of folks that are not rich. There are some but not to the extent that many folks think.

Most rich people pay a tremendous amount of tax!

I am also self employed so I pay both sides of the fica and medicare 15.3% of everything before I even consider income taxes (Federal or State).

I am also self employed so I pay both sides of the fica and medicare 15.3% of everything before I even consider income taxes (Federal or State).

Ouch, that sucks...

Yeah I know they pay taxes, that was sorta tongue-n-cheek. They do have considerable w/o's too though. IE: Bernie Marcus - Ga Aquarium 200+ Million... wow!

sooo.... how much of my expenses can I write off as a 'professional' scuba diver:wink:

Ouch, that sucks...

sooo.... how much of my expenses can I write off as a 'professional' scuba diver:wink:

Are your really a professional (one set of rules)
Or do you have some income but its really a hobby (another set of rules)
Or is it a personal interest (no deductions)

The one thing the really rich do have is the ability to get the rules bent in their favor. It does not exempt them from tax but it does create an uneven playing field.

oh GOD!!! the rich have the people to bend the rules!PUHLEEEZE!! The Poor don't have the people to bend the rules cause they don't have enough income to have to pay taxes...

NOW- Quantify RICH AND POOR, on an income basis.....

NOW- Quantify RICH AND POOR, on an income basis.....

It's all relative.....

Now, doesn't anyone want to go to ROATAN? It is an awesome place to dive!

Visit Port Royal while you are there, Aye a former hang out of real Pirates Matey.. arrgghh
:pirate3:

I consider wealthy to be net worth of over ten million dollars and a minimum of one million dollars per year in disposable income "pocket money" anything else is a wannabe!

Rich - ten times each of the numbers

a minimum of one million dollars per year in disposable income "pocket money" anything else is a wannabe!

Rich - ten times each of the numbers

subject to AMT?

Just kidding...but if they were wealthy enough, they wouldn't be looking for this DEAL on Roatan diving!!!

Roatan is fantastic!!! BTW -if I don't have the $34 departure tax, can I stay forever??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom