Need a great Poseidon tuner in S.Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool, thanks @tbone1004 . You certainly know your poseidons

if/when you decide to send off for service though, I do highly recommend Air Tech. I know most of the guys that work there, but more importantly the US factory trainer for Poseidon is one of their service techs. Most of the service techs dive Poseidon's as their personal regulators as well so they know what they're doing.
If not, Poseidon now allows end users to take a service class, and since DEMA is in Orlando next year it may be worth looking at taking

but "end user" and DEMA (business association required) is not necessarily an avenue possible.....

So I tuned the IP down to 123 and they already performed much better. The secondary will hiss right as the mouthpiece is 50 percent submerged and the primary will hiss right as the mouthpiece touches the water. You think that's tuned a little too hot? I like the way it breathes on land but don't want to have to retune them on a rocking boat after jumping in and having an uncontrollable freeflow or having it constantly trying to ram air down my throat. @tbone1004

I would personally back off the primary just a tad, but that is a preference thing. I doubt it would be undivable as is. Some people do complain about the sensation of air delivery from a jetstream, but it does not bother me at all.

Remember you have the +/- switch to help if you ever decide to switch to the secondary and need to suppress the primary from bubbling. I will add that I have only witnessed two failures from a jet or xstream 2nd stage. One was a servo valve that was shot, and a recent valve insert (condom) that should not seal. Both pretty simple to trouble shoot and replaced in seconds. Those 2nd stages are pretty awesome. I have no idea why so many are wary of them.

Ya I used to dive jetstreams exclusively for almost 20 years until parts got kind of hard to get in upstate NY. Now I live in S. Florida within walking distance on DGX so my woes are over and I can dive poseidons again. No other reg has "satisfied" me like the poseidons. I am probably gonna back them off a touch today and see how they dive once I get them in the water. They're easy enough to adjust... Thanks for the input.

Y....No other reg has "satisfied" me like the poseidons.....

Funny, I felt the same way, all my primary/stage/deco regs were Odins (jetstreams) years ago but switched to Apeks TX 50/100 and have actually liked them better. Tuned, i found them to be as "satisfying" as my Odins but at 1/4 of the cost to service (especially since I do them myself)

The last "straw" with my Odins was when i got them back from a complete overhaul. But one just didn't breath right. It would either free flow or it would breath a bit "hard". For some reason, just for the heck of it, i pulled the diaphragm and swapped it with another one, visually they were identical but it fixed the problem. I felt if they were that touchy, i was done. Sold them all. Never looked back.

And to be honest, I prefer the TX second stages to the ATX/XTX.

@jadairiii most of the time that is from user error. If you leave them stored in "-" or predive mode the diaphragms will permanently warp. It's in the manual but unfortunately that causes a lot of problems for people

@jadairiii most of the time that is from user error. If you leave them stored in "-" or predive mode the diaphragms will permanently warp. It's in the manual but unfortunately that causes a lot of problems for people

Exactly, why i went to Apeks. predive/dive, permanently warped diaphragms........and I knew that, but somehow mine got warped anyway.

Verses, my buddy who stored a set of Apeks in his garage for over 5 years, uncleaned from last dive, pulled them out, breathed fine! Try that with an Odin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom