Need a great Caribbean dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok my buddies and I are looking to get a bunch of ustogether in June of 2013 for a dive trip to the Caribbean. I have been all over the place, Cozumel 12times for example.
What in your opinion would be a great trip and not going tobreak the bank for a bunch of dive freaks from Colorado to do in the spring of2013?
All recommendations are appreciated and hotels as wellplease.
Thank you,
Todd

Are you set on the Caribbean? We had a wonderful time in Loreto, Mexico, this June. Very pleasant, sleepy town with some very good restaurants, and excellent diving. The scenery is stunning, too! HERE is my report of our trip.

Buddies Dive at Bonaire comes to mind. With rented trucks and unlimited shore diving, it lets you set your own schedule for the day. You imply many/several divers so then several schedules can be met.

Another idea is Osprey Beach hotel on Grand Turk. We loved it but its harder to get to. Its a VERY quiet island with diving about 3-6 min from the beach. We used Oasis diving. They do their surface intervals at shore so you can single/double/triple dive whenever the need/desire hits.

Ocean Frontiers on Grand Cayman has the BEST dive service I have ever had over my 20+ yrs of diving. They can arrange a place to stay but I have not tried their offerings for a hotel. You setup your gear once and never touch it again. they break it down, rinse it, hang it, you tell them when you are back and they have it setup in the boat for you. Luxurious!

You want a real BUDGET outing, then try the SeaGrape on Roatan. check their website for pricing but you can have 7 nights and 12 dives for about $600 per person if you share rooms. Having your own room is not expensive either. diving is west end of Roatan which is nice but perhaps not spectacular. We had a really good time. They let me add 3rd dives per day for a really low price. If I was the only diver, they went anyway! The dive guide wanted to dive too.

So there are a few ideas. Hope that helps a bit.

Have you thought about a live-aboard?

Back
Top Bottom