Neck Seal Stret stretching Advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a White's Fusion Bullet and the neck seal is very tight on me. I saw on another thread that White's recommends stretching the neck seal vs. Cutting it. What type of powder do you recommend to use while stretching and for how long? Thank you!

I also bought my Bullet from NADCO in Greensboro, NC and i had a very good experience! They know your products very well!

Very timely post as I too have a new Fusion that left me looking like I escaped the hangman. 3 dives in saltwater left a fairly sizable rash on my neckline. Earlier in the week I did a 90 minute pool dive without the issue. Then I trimmed two rings off, and stretched it for a couple days prior to the ocean dive as well. The neck seal is still tight, but not overly uncomfortable (I'm not choking but it is tight). Will seal saver help with the abrasion, and how tight does the seal really need to be?

The seal needs to have a very snug fit, but not to the point where you are being chocked out. I recommend trimming abnout half a ring at at time until you get the right fit. Also keep in mind that they do stretch out over time, so don't trim to much off. I do use seal saver before my dives. I do find this helps prevent the seal from rolling over and slides on easier. It also helps to extend the life of your seals. After the dive and the suit has been rinsed off I like to use a talc powder, this will help absorb any chemicals that may have come off of your skin, or from the water itself.

I never trim my seals any longer. I will pull the neck seal over an aluminum 80 and let it set for a couple of days. That has always been long enough for mine.

Back
Top Bottom