Neck Seal Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Bio-Seal neck seal for my neoprene drysuit. I usually just rinse it off in fresh water after each dive, but about every couple of months or so I'll wash it with mild soap (not detergent) because it sometimes starts to smell funky (B. O.). As it gets older it's starting to look different; less shiny. This change started long before I started using soap to wash it. It still seems to work OK. I read in the product description that it contains oils, and I wonder if there's something I can do to either slow down the leaching of these oils out of it, or replace them.

Also, how long can I expect this product to last, given that I use it about once a week?

sambolino44: You are taking good care of your bio-seal. Your bio-seal should provide years of use, many hundreds of dives. There is no method to replace any of the elements; just continue your normal routine.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Bio Seal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom