Nebie Rebreather Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the advice, while the idea of reducing the bubles in front of my eyes is nice, the main reason I anted a rebreather cn not be aceived using rear venet open circut systems. I have done much more reading (thanks for the links and suggestions) and now after many hours of P02 studying and so on, have come to the conclusion that a SCR will probably do the trick, I am leaning towards a Sports KISS, however I must say many of the reasons I looked at the Evoloution are still tempting (but not suitable). I have also decided to finish my PADI instructor training before I switch to a SCR.

jagfish:
Hey Peter...
The Sports Kiss is a CCR, isn't it?
Yes it is but since it easily rivals the Dolphin in simplicity and price it is an easy mistake to make.

Just as a note of information, the Sport KISS is a manually-controlled Closed Circuit Rebreather.

Thus, from the company website:

Oxygen control on the KISS rebreather is best described as manually controlled with a safeguard. This isn’t as complicated as it sounds. The CCR comes equipped with a metering orifice that slowly feeds oxygen into the loop at a rate slightly below the average metabolic rate of the diver. This is usually set to about .7 litres per minute. What this means is that if the diver is consuming .7 litres of oxygen per minute, they don’t have to do anything. If they are consuming more then they will need to add oxygen. This is done by operating a simple thumb-operated valve.

It is important to remember that the metering orifice is not a set point controller. It will always add the same amount of oxygen regardless of the diver’s workload. It is essential that the diver monitor the oxygen displays!

More information will be found here: http://www.jetsam.ca/index.php

My apologies gentlemen, you are correct and the Halcyon RB80, seems to be a good choice for the SCR, however it's bigger than I was thinking about, the idea of a light travel SCR that allows for 1-2 hours of dive timer/per dive is what I am looking for. ideally nitrox compatible. I really like the passive approach for gas addition, however would like a 10-20lbs rig when assembled (I know wishfull thinking), remeber I am diving to no more than 150ft and never wear anything more than a tshirt and shorts (warm salt water reefs only)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom