Near disaster today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The sun had not yet showed its yellow glow when the alarm clock went from passive to aggressive and got my sorry butt up. Holy Poo Batman we are having a terrorist chemical attack in the north end of the county at the Navy base. Seeing how I don’t do chemicals, that’s Fireman stuff. So I brush, shower, shave, dress, eat and go to the marine building for extra tanks before responding.

I get to the meeting point around 0800 along with two other divers and a Marine Deputy who drug up one of our Raves. Now we wait, the only 4 not involved in the operation sink into boredom mode and hope they don’t have to call us. This a big Homeland Security drill with several fed, state and local agencies involved.

During the early morning wait I decide to take care of something I hadn’t taken care of earlier. All I have to say about that is that who ever decided to make a stainless steel toilet and put it in an unheated cement block building should be shot several times. :m16: It was like 30df outside and minus 30df inside. Remember The Christmas Story? The part where the kid licks the frozen pipe. Thank god I didn’t have a sweaty or I’d still be there. But I still have a frost bite oval ring I’m not showing off.:mooner:

Everything must have gone well because we didn’t get called to do what we were there to do. The Blackhawk stayed in the air and nobody fell in. I think the actual chemical attack did happen but it was after lunch. hehehe

I should have known by the shortness of the post that it was going to be about a shіtty topic.

During the early morning wait I decide to take care of something I hadn’t taken care of earlier. All I have to say about that is that who ever decided to make a stainless steel toilet and put it in an unheated cement block building should be shot several times. :m16: It was like 30df outside and minus 30df inside. Remember The Christmas Story? The part where the kid licks the frozen pipe. Thank god I didn’t have a sweaty or I’d still be there. But I still have a frost bite oval ring I’m not showing off.:mooner:

Could have been a career ending injury...:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom