Navy at Ogden Pt. Oct. 7-8 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwampWitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, does anyone know if there will be any kind of scuba-related things at the Navy event this weekend at Ogden Point? (swankenstein?)

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Those fast little jets flying overhead today are really loud. They fly so low you can see them even though it's overcast!

As far as I know there is a navy diving display/demo. I don't know if they are clearance divers, ship's divers or port inspection (reserve) divers. I was just by there while stopping at the dive shop and it looks like a work-related carnival. Ick. I had the option of volunteering for it, but instead I ran really fast the other way. I'd feel a little silly all dressed up and putting on a rehearsed show like I was on Broadway. At least the protesters are there to balance things up a bit.

I can understand the "work-related carnival" feeling. We live just down the street so we'll be checking it out. (Won't be easy to drive out of James Bay anyway.) Thanks for the reply!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom