Navarre accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmufieldhockey8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody hear about this?

Scuba diver's death under investigation | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

Scuba diver's death under investigation
From staff reports • October 21, 2008

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a woman who died while scuba diving over the weekend.

Andrea Coyle, 61, of Pensacola was taken by helicopter to Gulf Breeze Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Scott Haines said.

Coyle was scuba diving at Navarre pier when her diving buddy made it to shore but couldn't find Coyle, Haines said. Coyle was later found in the surf.

Coyle's cause of death was not available Monday evening.

Yikes, sorry to hear about and condolences to the family.

Hate to say it, but sounds like she dove in conditions rougher than she could handle.

I think there's no way to say if that's true or not right now. A million things could've happened.

I believe this thread should be moved to the Accidents & Incidents forum as this is clearly what it is.

I think there's no way to say if that's true or not right now. A million things could've happened.

I agree but the fact they initially thumbed the dive due to rough surf then thumbed a later attempt due to strong current is certainly a smoking gun. It would certainly seem to have been a strenuous effort which could easily induce a heart attack or loss of consciousness. I have dived there (and aborted dives there) in strong surf and surge, and it's amazing how much it can take out of you.

I heard this on Channel 3 News (Pensacola) the other night. Santa Rosa County already doesn't like divers. This is sad for the ladies family...and sad for area divers.

Anybody hear about this?

Scuba diver's death under investigation | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

Scuba diver's death under investigation
From staff reports • October 21, 2008

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a woman who died while scuba diving over the weekend.

Andrea Coyle, 61, of Pensacola was taken by helicopter to Gulf Breeze Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Scott Haines said.

Coyle was scuba diving at Navarre pier when her diving buddy made it to shore but couldn't find Coyle, Haines said. Coyle was later found in the surf.

Coyle's cause of death was not available Monday evening.

I believe this thread should be moved to the Accidents & Incidents forum as this is clearly what it is.

Maybe mirrored, but it has direct connection to this regional area so it should have a link here as well. It shouldn't be moved. These types of threads are common(unfortunately) in regional forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom