Nautilus lifeline - promotional deal - first 4 orders $259..this price won't last!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcblklion

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[video=vimeo;38517652]http://vimeo.com/38517652[/video]

I am a dealer for the new Nautilus Lifeline system. It's available for purchase and I'm looking for my first 4 customers! This is a great system to have in the water or on a boat.... I AM HOLDING A SPECIAL DEAL RIGHT NOW. FIRST FOUR ORDERS ARE $259 with manufacturers warranty......THIS PRICE WON'T LAST.....!!

Don't go on your next dive vacation without one! Hit me up! 213.595.3095

Nautilus Lifeline. Get Found. Fast.

I only need a couple more orders folks. Don't hesitate...if you haven't seen this unit take a look at the video. All I needed was to read the reports of divers getting left by a dive boat in some third world country. Having this unit with you when you dive is a must. Once I lock these prices in the units go back up to $289 so act now!!

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 09:16 PM ----------

bump. We are real close! I have a few orders holding and need 2 more. I'm throwing in free shipping....that's $259 shipped to your door! Hit me up!

I only need one more order.....come on folks....this is the lowest price around for the lifeline...! Would like to ship these by friday so hit me up!!

I just got off the phone with Lifeline. Deal fell through thanks to Nautilus. They take responsibility and encourage you to call them for an explanation of why I can't offer this deal. I apologize but I tried to work with them and they refused.

---------- Post added April 24th, 2012 at 05:23 PM ----------

closed

This is going to be a fairly long post, so I apologize before-hand. I have to apologize to the people that started to order Nautilus Lifelines from me based on a promotional post I put up. I really believed in the Nautilus Lifeline when I first saw the product and began researching it and everything about it. As I reviewed their website I noticed that they encouraged those that wanted to become a dealer for the product to contact them, which I did. Nautilus sent me an email with dealer pricing on it and I went out and advertised on here and other websites for a promotional deal I felt would get me some quick sales and establish myself as a dealer of this new product. NOWHERE on their website did it state that they ONLY want to deal with brick-and-morter establishments so even though I have a business that I run from a virtual office, I don't qualify. This information was not related to me until AFTER I got my first four orders (from some of you) and tried to call them in and find out how quickly I could get the product out to the customers. After all, those of you who tried ordering from me waited about a week for this promotional deal.

When I called in, I got the feeling immediately that something was wrong. The person I spoke to knew who I was because I had just sent them a copy of a paper I had written for my managerial marketing class (I am halfway finished with my MBA degree in marketing) that critiqued the effectiveness of Nautilus' promotional video they have online. I sent it to them because I believed that constructive feedback would help improve their image, positioning in the market and sales. I DID ALL OF THIS WITHOUT ASKING FOR A DIME. The promotional price I offered the units for didn't rake in any profits for me. I was basically doing all this because I believed in the product and wanted to see it succeed and after I made some inroads and established myself as a representative for the product it would have been nice to make a small profit as a dealer. After all......I already have a job......

The person I spoke to at Nautilus explained to me that I could not get the deal I promised because they only deal with brick and morter establishments. "Hold on a minute" says I. "I already made some sales promises out there based on the information YOU sent me! I'm going to look pretty stupid now! That's not fair to me" "Too bad" says Nautilus. They don't want to deal with independant dealers. I ask to speak to the owner and went round and round with him about the benefits of at least allowing me to fill the orders I promised. After all, I made it clear in my advertisement that this pricing was temporary and was only for the first 4 orders. "NOPE" says Nautilus leader....."but I tell you what...you can BUY one unit for yourself from me at a discount"........wow.....! I passed on the offer.

I'm writing this because 1) I hate looking like a liar and a fool. 2) the way a company deals with small situations and small people like me indicates how they will deal with you and larger situations. 3) I needed to get this off my chest.

Again. To all those that tried to order a Nautilus Lifeline from me...I apologize for wasting your time.

No worries. Thanks for posting.

I do wish that SCUBA equipment sales didn't follow a structure that most other industries abandoned in the last decade or two. Such is life.

Screw 'em.

I'll put my $300 and towards a real EPIRB that will actually get me rescued, even if I'm not diving around boats.

I predict a short life for this company. A lot of SCUBA shops are having a hard time keeping the lights on when selling high volume stuff. I don't think many will be willing to buy something that will sit on the shelf for years and might never sell.

flots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom