Nautilus Lifeline - Best way to carry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently purchased a Nautilus Lifeline radio with it's carrying case. The case has a sleeve in the back, like what you would put a belt through. I have an Aqua Lung Zuma BCD. There are not a lot of attachment points. I also have a dive knife attached to the BCD, so that point of contact is taken. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

I carried a Nautilus Lifeline for 23 dives in Komodo. I just used the clip on the case to attach it to a D-ring along the waist belt of my BC. I had no trouble with it falling off. We did backrolls off a tender (small boat). I don't know if a giant stride off a larger boat would cause issues.

Zip tie it to your BCD in a spot that makes sense to you. I zip tie mine to my right shoulder strap. It shifts on me a little but I haven't figured out a better spot and it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

I have attached it to my BCD via a split ring and bolt snap with problems. More recently I have clipped it in the pocket of my Apeks Tech shorts with a fishing lanyard.
Fishing-Tool-Lanyard.jpg

I have the same bcd. I have strapped to a sholders strap with zip ties in the past, but my rescue diver instructor didn't this that was a great location. I have been zip tying it to the back of the weight pocket sleeve, but I feel that not a stable area. I have been thinking of getting a weight belt and wearing it just with the Lifeline attached. I have also thought about threading it onto my belly snaps and then using a second lanyard to attach to a D ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom