Nautilus Lifeline Battery Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lloyd_borrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day,

What is the right protocol for keeping the 1850 mAh Li-ion battery in the Nautilus Lifeline in good working condition?

Should it be charged before use?
Should it be stored only after being fully charged?
Will not using the unit for 6 to 12 months result in battery issues?

With some rechargeable battery setups in dive lights, cameras etc. these days there are protocols such as the unit must be recharged every 1 to 2 months. So what is the right protocol for a Nautilus Lifeline?

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.

Simple solution Lloyd, take it in your check in luggage through Guam airport. By the time your bags make their destination, they will be much lighter with an extra opening at one end and much of your luggage contents missing. problem solved. I have no issue now with my lifeline and I am sure a baggage carrier in Guam is very happy.

Seriously;

Lithium-Ion

The possible storage temperature range for Lithium-Ion batteries is is -20°C to 60°C but for prolonged storage period -20°C to 25°C is recommended and 15°C is ideal. Cells should be stored with a partial charge of between 30% and 50%. Although the cells can be stored fully discharged the cell voltage should not drop below 2.0 Volts per cell and cells should be topped up to prevent over-discharge. The maximum voltage should not exceed 4.1 Volts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom