Nautilus Life Line from a divers and Captains view

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Getting separated from your dive boat can happen to anyone regardless of your competence as a diver and the professionalism of the crew. Currents can change directions, top and bottom currents don’t always match or the diver boat can be attending to another diver and simply lose sight of you. These new Nautilus Life Line Marine GPS units are far better than the older style with the radio. The radios in the old style were not dependable and even illegal in some countries. The new units are legal everywhere when programed properly, don’t require registration and the user can replace the batteries themselves. Included in this video is what the boat operator sees when a unit is activated and would be extremely hard to go unnoticed and is very easy to locate the diver.

?sub_confirmation=1

Getting separated from your dive boat can happen to anyone regardless of your competence as a diver and the professionalism of the crew. Currents can change directions, top and bottom currents don’t always match or the diver boat can be attending to another diver and simply lose sight of you. These new Nautilus Life Line Marine GPS units are far better than the older style with the radio. The radios in the old style were not dependable and even illegal in some countries. The new units are legal everywhere when programed properly, don’t require registration and the user can replace the batteries themselves. Included in this video is what the boat operator sees when a unit is activated and would be extremely hard to go unnoticed and is very easy to locate the diver.

?sub_confirmation=1

I carry one. Nice and compact. Fits easily in a pocket. I've never had to use it but it's valuable for piece of mind. For $150 it's a no-brainer if you do a lot of boat diving.

Thanks for the video review. I am planning on picking one up while I am on the Belle Amie in a couple months.

So these are terrestrial/marine radio only -- no satellite? How do they hold up with a 5-ft swell? Unless there is line-of-sight to the receiving radio it's hard to see how these would work.

Hey Steve ,not trying to be critical but you may want to blur out your phone number in the video unless you want the whole world to know it.

Really good 'step by step' video to show how easy it is to setup and use!.

Much better than the old model and the AIS and DSC only need a flash signal from the beacon and it will stay on the plotter and radio until timed out , cleared or an updated signal is received. Even those carrying a 2 way radio have the same limitations. I know of some that carry a personal EPIRB and then you have to water proof it for scuba depths and be able to get to it. Agree not the best but much better chances than not having one.

Hey Steve ,not trying to be critical but you may want to blur out your phone number in the video unless you want the whole world to know it.
Thanks and good comment. My phone number is already all over the internet that it was not an issue and usually don't answer my phone anyway as my car warrantee is up to date.

Thanks and good comment. My phone number is already all over the internet that it was not an issue and usually don't answer my phone anyway as my car warrantee is up to date.
Plus this way we can call you with any questions we have about the Lifeline units. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom