Nautieye T1800H Primary Dive light with goodman handle review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aviator8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Up for review today is a primary dive light offered by Nautieye. This is model T1800H. I have done a video of the unboxing and features of the light here:

Personally I normally dive with a camera rig and/or use a small handheld light. One day I will get certified for cavern and wrecks in which case I'll be using one of these or something like it so I figured I would get one and try it out. This light also has an optional quick release that I have not tested yet. I will be getting one on my next order so I cant comment on it yet. I imagine it will be quite convenient for storage back in its case without having to disassemble the goodman handle each time. On high power it outputs 1800 lumens, and has a published runtime of 2.5 hours, half power 5 hours, and quarter power for 10 hours. I ran my own burn tests.
P1010330.JPG
P1010331.JPG
P1010332.JPG

I tested high power on a full charge and got a 3 hour 5 min burn time. Charging the battery from there took 1 hour 26 mins. This was better than published but pretty close. The next test was on low power and I got a much longer test time. I had to split the test between two days so I could sleep! In the end it ran for 33 hours and 14 mins on low power. Almost three times what is published.

Pros
⦁ Plenty of light output
⦁ Solidly built
⦁ Long run times
⦁ Tight beam angle for long light penetration

Cons
⦁ Mounting the goodman handle is a little difficult without disassembling the crossbar
⦁ Storing in the case is not possible without the optional quick release or disassembly of the handle
⦁ With the power source in the light it could get a bit heavy for extended range diving

Shown below are comparison photographs to show brightens and beam angle between this and other lights I own. All these shots were from 26" from my garage door with fixed iso, aperture, and shutter speed.
High
T1800H high.JPG

Med High
T1800H Med.JPG

Med low
T1800H Med low.JPG

Low
T1800H low.JPG

Here is a comparison to two other Nautieye lights
Left to right NE650, NE1200NS, T1800H
NE650  NE1200NS  T1800H.JPG

If you have any other questions let me know I'll do my best to answer. MSRP on this light is $330 but I can offer this here for $285 buyer pays shipping if there is enough interest.

Hey there aviator,

Have you got to use the thing in the water yet?

I'm looking at getting one for river cave diving and I'm wondering if the advertised 6deg beam will really cut through tannic water like I want it to!
I'm also wondering how much beam brightness will play into things in today's world of 3500lumen standard lights.

This thing looks like a cheaper alternative to the lx20, but with some obvious brightness tapering through use.

I have taken it out on two dives and it functioned fine. I did not run it the whole time as it was OW and really was not needed. Looking around a little deeper (60ish) I ran it while poking around a platform and sunken boat. This was in a lake with the typical green algal cast but one of the clearer lakes around, so I cant really comment on how well it would punch through the tannic waters of Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom