Nauticam Housing Test Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I stumbled on this website a few minutes ago. (Full disclosure: I have a smugmug page for my own pics.) It seems that Nauticam takes their housings diving and then posts the pics online. I'm not saying that you will get results like this. Some will, some won't, but it gives a pretty good idea of how things will look when shot through a Nauticam housing & lens port.

If nothing else, it is a website with some really nice pics.

Nauticam Photo Gallery

or from a sea and sea housing and lens port, or from an Ikelite housing and port, or from a aquatica housing and port or from a fill in the blank. For the most part (I have Nauticam, Subal and S&S housings) any photo you can get with one housing you can get with another. some are easier to use than others, but for a given camera and lens you should be able to get the same results
Bill

or from a sea and sea housing and lens port, or from an Ikelite housing and port, or from a aquatica housing and port or from a fill in the blank. For the most part (I have Nauticam, Subal and S&S housings) any photo you can get with one housing you can get with another. some are easier to use than others, but for a given camera and lens you should be able to get the same results
Bill

Kinda sorta...Domes, wet lenses, extensions and the like will make a difference for sure...

Jack:
Of course that is true, but there are equivalent domes (mostly) for most systems, wet lenses will work pretty much with any housing (you might have to make your own adapter) but I think it is the camera and lenses not the housing that determines what you get.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom