For Sale Nauticam Customized N85 4.33" FE Port with Port 72 Swing Macro Mount Attached to Shades PRICE REDUCED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Nauticam Customized N85 4.33" Fisheye Port with Port 72 Swing Mount Attached to Shades. This was quite an engineeering job but was worth it. The aluminum reversed lens shade eliminates any light reflections on the dome in macro mode. Everything is perfectly centered with Nauticam extension ring for diopters that have deeper rear elements.The swing mount allows me to use the following lens with port extensions:

Fisheye with S16 + VCL-ECF1 FE converter-no extensions needed
Zeiss 12mm rectilinear wide angle (modified for N85-recommend 20mm mini N85 extension for best aperture placement.
Zeiss 16-70 (had to build my own zoom gear-already sold and not included)-needs 50mm of mini-extension (20+30)
Sigma 16 f1.4 Modified for N85 (fast aperture lens for video)-needs 50mm of mini-extension (20+30)
Sony 18-55 (original kit lens (very sharp copy)-needs 20mm of extension. Works great with CMC-1 and other close up lens with swing mount. Using it in the 4.33 FE dome rather than flat Port 72 eliminates the chromatic distortion one gets when using a flat port on a wide angle lens.

These lens cover every thing with just one port. The Zeiss 16-70 and Sony 18-55 made a great single dive lens for both WA & M

Also see my listed NA-NEX7 housing with enhanced viewfinder that use all the above lens and still give you 24MP.

Selling the port in mint condition for $595 + shipping

Attachments

• _DSC0487.JPG
    _DSC0487.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 122
  • _DSC0488.JPG
    _DSC0488.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 90
  • _DSC0490.JPG
    _DSC0490.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 89
  • _DSC0491.JPG
    _DSC0491.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 83
  • _DSC0492.JPG
    _DSC0492.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 88
Is the done the 36132 part number?

Also curious if you have sample photos taken with the combo. Already have the 140mm done for my G9 setup but this is really intriguing!

This is a Nauticam NA-36125 4.33 FE Dome with a NA--25104 Port 72 swing mount grafted onto it shades.

This setup allows you to do WA and SM on the same dive using a zooms lens. I've listed the lens I've used (Sony), along with the needed extensions. One can do macro with a dome (that's been done and discussed widely). While you lose 25% magnification from a flat port to a dome, you also lose all thet chromatic distortion that a flat port brings to a wide angle lens. Plus you can shoot a wide varierty of lens carrying only one small port for a trimmed down travel rig.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the NA-36125 and the NA-36132 versions of the 4.33 domes. The prior is used with Sony, the latter your G9. You might call reef photo to see what the differences are. Most likely it's the position of the lens iris/aperture for optimum use. Depending on the lens you plan on using and with what extension, it may make no difference.

As you can see, I've experimented in many situations, even modifying lens so they will fit the N85 port system. I now use an identical setup using the Port 72 swing mount attached to an N120 4.33. This allows me a much wider selection of lens. I now shoot with the Canon 8-15L, the Sony 90mm macro and the Zeiss 16-70 for my single dive WA & SM setup. I can still use my modified N85 lens, plus others, but the three cover all my needs quite nicely.

However, the N120 approach is quite a bit heavier and bulky. Since I still have my modified lens and the dome, I might just keep it for a smaller travel friendly rig on my NA-a6500 rig.

Happy diving.

Marshall

Attachments

• 21-Desktop Version.jpg
    21-Desktop Version.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 85
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 190.jpg
    190.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 85
Bump-Price reduced to $399

Still for sale. This is a one of a kind that will let you shoot wide angle and macro in a single doive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom