NAUI Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trekleader

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a question...

Its been ages since I was in the NAUI system.

A friend of mine got a NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver c-card in 1990, I believe. If he lost it, and asked for a replacement, would he get the NAUI Master Scuba Diver c-card?

Thanks

Master Diver is above Advanced Diver. It has it's own C-card. Master Dive, you will need rescue and cpr.

Master Diver is above Advanced Diver. It has it's own C-card. Master Dive, you will need rescue and cpr.

It is above Advanced diver but you do not need Rescue or CPR. However, Divemaster requires those.

I think the OP might be referring to the fact the old NAUI Advanced diver is equal to the current Master Diver. However, I do not know when the change in names happened. So I think the OPs friend is better off calling NAUI and asking.

For a card that old, NAUI might not have the records readily available. I got my Advanced Open Water in 1988 and I don't think NAUI could find the records; at least I wasn't in their database. I also did Rescue that year.

So, all I had to do was copy my log book where the instructor signed off all of the dives and provide proof of identification and they sent me a new Master Scuba Diver card. I also included scanned images of all of the cards for Open Water I, Open Water II, Advanced Open Water and Rescue just in case they couldn't easily locate the records.

Richard

Here's the link for the master diver page for details on that program-
NAUI Worldwide Master Scuba Diver

And t directly answer the OP's question, since advanced still exists the lost card would be replaced with an advanced card.

Here's the link for info on replacing a lost card-
NAUI Worldwide Replacements

I apologize for being unclear.

An argument was made that NAUI's old OW1, OW2, Advanced system was equal to the current OW, AOW, Master. My friend felt that he had the 'old' Advanced and was wondering if he would somehow get the 'new' Master rating.

At one time I was a NAUI Instructor, but its been a long time. I figured I'd throw the question out here...

Actually, I kinda thought that was what you were asking- hence my response in post 2. :D

He'll have to meet the new requirements.

I apologize for being unclear.

An argument was made that NAUI's old OW1, OW2, Advanced system was equal to the current OW, AOW, Master. My friend felt that he had the 'old' Advanced and was wondering if he would somehow get the 'new' Master rating.

At one time I was a NAUI Instructor, but its been a long time. I figured I'd throw the question out here...

If you read the box at the bottom of this page:

NAUI Worldwide Replacements

You will see that if he has the old Advanced he will get a new Master without having to meet new requirements.

Edit: However, at the end of the day he should just contact NAUI himself and find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom