Natural Springs Resort on Saturday, May 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You are invited

What: A day of diving with The Indy Dive Club (IDC)
Where: Natural Springs Resort (NSR)
When: Saturday, May 21st
Time: TBA

Natural Springs Resort: Scuba Diving

A few of us decided to make this event at NSR last all weekend. We plan to set up camp on Friday evening and dive all weekend.
This will be a great way to meet other local divers and enjoy some greatly deserved bubble time.

We reserved 10 campsites under the Indy Dive Club name. If you want to join us for the camping part too, Great!! Tell them you are with the Indy Dive Club group! (If we fill 8 more sites they will give us a 10% discount).

I must admit, I have not dove or camped there....but I will try to answer any questions you might have!?!?
I was told the water was 59F this week.

Wow... Saw "Natural Springs Resort" and pictures of warm water diving flashed through my head.... Then read on to see Indy... :D Oh well, guess it is maybe more kinda sorty (but not really) luke warm water diving (compared to the Great Lakes anyway).

I had not heard of Natural Springs so checked out the link. Although the website doesn't provide a lot of info, it looks like a really nice dive site. Their website talks about underwater attractions but doesn't say anything else about them. Anyone know what they are???

Also, the website doesn't give any details of depths or anything for the lake. Anyone have any info on that?

Thanks for the depth info Mel!

I talked to Terry (that works there), I knew I would not recall everything that he told me, so I asked him to email me a list.

I do recall him saying these items
boats
a computer
tv with a picture of a paddlefish
a 'beach' area
freshwater jellyfish
automobile
bike

They were featured in the Dive Training Magazine issue June 2010
Here is that link
Natural Springs Resort OH  page

Jen,
I dived Natural Springs 3 or 4 times last summer. Since it is a shallow quarry, it seems to warm up fast. It is one of my favorite local sites. Easy parking and water entrances. In the summer the viz drops due to blooms(?). Although I have never camped there, the camping looks very good. Depending on the day, they have affordable air fills and the indoor concession has good burgers and grub. The quarry is generally 21 feet or less, but around the back edge is a drop off to 30 feet. There is a thermocline that in the summer was 30 degrees below surface temp. It wakes you up, fast! I am checking my schedule and hope to see you there.

Dive Training link says 60 ft. Dave and Mel say 30. Does Dive Training count 30 ft down and 30 ft up as 60?

Dive Training link says 60 ft. Dave and Mel say 30. Does Dive Training count 30 ft down and 30 ft up as 60?

This is what was sent to me....

Natural Springs is very diver friendly. There are 3 boats, 4 cars, 3 platforms, 2 swim through tubes and a deep (30ft) trench around most of the wall. Definitely cold on the bottom. The best part of diving there, is all the life in the water. Very large bass and walleye. also their are several rock ledges full of juvinals. the bottom in the shallow part is usually grass covered. We have put guide lines in to help with navigation and it is easy to find your way around. First thing you see is yourself in the Big screen TV. and then a computer and finally the beach with umbrellas and chairs. Hope this is some help

Back
Top Bottom