Nato strap on I330R - how to wear it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TzTz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to admit that it took me some research to learn that "nato strap" is a thing. Not sure how I missed that, but...
Anyhow, I goy a new I330R, used it a couple of times, but I want to believe there is a reason for choosing nato straps. In other words, am I wearing it wrong?
Can anyone explain the benefits of that strap v.s a regular fabric strap? Ways to wear it on a wetsuit/ drysuit/ bare arm?

Are you speaking of the two piece NATO strap, or the one-piece Zulu strap?
The purpose of both is to retain the watch should one of the retaining pins break.
The NATO strap has the extra piece to keep the watch from sliding around on the band.

Are you speaking of the two piece NATO strap, or the one-piece Zulu strap?
The purpose of both is to retain the watch should one of the retaining pins break.
The NATO strap has the extra piece to jeep the watch from sliding around on the band.
Thanks, I'll do some reading.
It's a NATO strap.

Edited:
Did some reading, seems like I didn't miss anything, it's just a confusing design. I would prefer either a bungee style or a regular strap. For extra security, I used to thread a 2 mm cord through both parts of the strap to create a loop that will keep the computer on my wrist if the strap becomes undone or if it breaks.
(Thinking about it, a thin bungee cord would work even better since it can be tighter on the wrist.)

let me resuscitate this thread:
My son using i330r with original (NATO) strap, but usage of non elastic fabric strap seems not to be good design choice.
Even he tight it hardly on surface, at deep it became loose as neoprene became compressed. Any idea for replacement by some elastics strap (neoprene rubber) ?

I think also about replacement by bungee cord, but honestly (maybe I'm totally stupid) I don't know how to properly use bungee cord as dive computer holder. I already try it on my Suunto EON: If I make ideal length of bungee for my wrist -I'm not able to wear it over my palm, but if I wear it over palm, it is loose on my wrist. What I'm doing wrong ? (7mm neoprene suit, 5mm gloves)

Wear your computers up on your forearm, which allows you to use a bigger loop of bungee that will then slip (barely) over your hand:

Or make an adjustable bungee such as this or similar variations:

Back
Top Bottom