National University Polytechnic Institute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huntam00

New
Reaction score
After doing some research on commercial diving schools the one I was most interested in was NUPolytech. Is this a decent school to attend or should I look elsewhere?

If you have the means available I would go to Morgan City Community college in louisianna if you are planning on going the offshore route, or santa barbara community college if staying in cali is a must for you. NU has a great program however Morgan city is extremely low cost and in the heart of the offshore gas and oil diving industry. Santa barbara is also low cost and a very well put together program for a fraction of the cost of NU. If money is not an issue than go with NU. I know the instructors there very well and they have worked extremely hard to make it a competitive educational institute. Just know that school is to teach you how to put on a dive hat and not kill yourself or the diver in the water, don't expect to come out of school being some big dick deep sea diver. This is a very cut throat industry and we eat our own, have thick skin, do what your told, learn everything about the equipment that you can and don't **** it up when you are given the chance to finally dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom