natgeo snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mastana

New
Reaction score
Hi
there was this discussion on a previous thread but there was no definite answer.

has anyone tried and used the natgeo snorkel gear?
i need it for recreational snorkeling.
any reviews please?

thanks

I can assure you that, even though the product is competitively priced with other moderately priced snorkeling product such as U.S. Divers, the product is superior. I know the history and manufacturing experience of the founder of this line and know they have done an outstanding job with both the quality and designs in their inventory. Of course, National Geographic would never license their name to anything but the best. You can view their entire catalog or find a dealer at National Geographic Snorkeler & Swim- Nat Geo Kids Snorkeler & Swim.

on more research i found this video on the natgeo snorkel and swim gear.
National Geographic Snorkeler.AVI - YouTube

would you guys buy a snorkel or swim gear just because it has the natgeo name on it?

No. Theres not too much to a snorkel, buy one you like the look of at a price you like. I bought an atomic SV-1, it was expensive but works just the same as similarly designed cheaper models, I guess I paid for the name.

Sorry, but a snorkel is a snorkel? - NOT. Just because they look the same does not mean they are the same! I am a former retailer and currently publish dive related magazines and will tell you a cheap snorkel will come apart at the seams and a cheap mask will come apart at the strap holders. Unless you are going to try snorkeling one time and then throw the gear into a box, get a quality brand that can endure both frequent and infrequent use!

i agree with oceanrealmedia...the natgeo brand has a solid reputation and im sure their snorkels are good quality as well.

i remember reading about the manufacturer who makes these kits for natgeo.
arent they the same guys who manufacture for UK as well?

oceanrealmedia-as a retailer--would you sell the natgeo snorkels and swimwear in your store??
lol-silly question.

more info on the product

All masks feature CE tempered lenses, with a lightweight frame composed of Delrin™ and plastics; a flexible 3-point hold mask strap; pliable, feathered edge seal; and Ratchet Quick Lock™ strap adjustment system. Snorkel mouthpieces feature an orthodontic design, with a snorkel splash guard and wide-bore breathing tube. Fins feature soft, comfortable foot pockets available in both a closed and adjustable open heel, which may be worn with or without additional foot protection; replaceable fin straps; and a variety of blade styles to meet diverse snorkeling conditions.

i agree with oceanrealmedia...the natgeo brand has a solid reputation and im sure their snorkels are good quality as well.

i remember reading about the manufacturer who makes these kits for natgeo.
arent they the same guys who manufacture for UK as well?

oceanrealmedia-as a retailer--would you sell the natgeo snorkels and swimwear in your store??
lol-silly question.

more info on the product

All masks feature CE tempered lenses, with a lightweight frame composed of Delrin™ and plastics; a flexible 3-point hold mask strap; pliable, feathered edge seal; and Ratchet Quick Lock™ strap adjustment system. Snorkel mouthpieces feature an orthodontic design, with a snorkel splash guard and wide-bore breathing tube. Fins feature soft, comfortable foot pockets available in both a closed and adjustable open heel, which may be worn with or without additional foot protection; replaceable fin straps; and a variety of blade styles to meet diverse snorkeling conditions.

I'll assume by his/her previous posts he/she does.:wink:
I'm not saying they are not great quality I have no idea, if you like it and want one buy one.:)
I think you'd be hard pushed to find a better designed snorkel than the Atomic SV.

Last edited:
I can assure you that, even though the product is competitively priced with other moderately priced snorkeling product such as U.S. Divers, the product is superior. I know the history and manufacturing experience of the founder of this line and know they have done an outstanding job with both the quality and designs in their inventory. Of course, National Geographic would never license their name to anything but the best. You can view their entire catalog or find a dealer at National Geographic Snorkeler & Swim- Nat Geo Kids Snorkeler & Swim.

Im genuinely interested can you please advise what is is about this particular snorkel that makes it superior in terms of function, materials used, design etc. as compared to the myriad of other snorkels on the market. Cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom