Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big_E

Reaction score
So the wife and I are grabbing a cheap little cruise to the Nassau just to get away for the weekend. I was planning on dragging our gear down with us and just getting off the boat to find a LDS. I would love to grab a couple dives in the beautiful water and make it back before 4-5pm (to catch the boat again).

Any suggestions on affordable local shops that offer quality service?

Thanks for any responses.

Eric

You'd have to be pretty hard core, but I’ve known people take the provided transport (bus) to Stuart cove's Dive Bahamas and do the shark feed dive. It's about an hour plus drive, so a long day!
Bahama Divers is your other real option. They are much closer, but no sharks.

Price? Nothing's cheap in the islands. Both are around $100 for the a 2 dives. Ride out, tanks and lead.

Quality? Varies so wildly it's difficult to comment.
Coves has been accused of the cattle boat offence. But is a much larger and (IMO) better set up operation. BD's is normally quieter but some what bucolic in their approach to many aspects. (Again, Just IMO)
When they're good they're very very good, but when they're bad they're 'orrid!
N.B. BD's, i think, still only do a one tank dive on the PM trip.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.

I have been doing a lot of looking since I posted that and may just do coves (if I can get the timing worked out).

as far as the $100 for 2 tanks, it seems to cost us that much here in fuel to run the boat out for 2 or 3 tanks, so that should be fine too.

-Eric

When are you doing your trip, my wife and I are in the same boat (pun attended) we are doing a couple of dives in Key Largo next Sat/Sun and then get on a cruise on Monday with Nassau being a stop. I think we are on the Norwegian Sky sailing March 30th. When/who are you sailing?

When are you doing your trip, my wife and I are in the same boat (pun attended) we are doing a couple of dives in Key Largo next Sat/Sun and then get on a cruise on Monday with Nassau being a stop. I think we are on the Norwegian Sky sailing March 30th. When/who are you sailing?

We are talking about the weekend of the 24th of April. We may change it for a longer trip so we have more time to dive.

-Eric

Back
Top Bottom