Question Nassau diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kbrader

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to Nassau late September. I go to Cozumel 4-5 times per year and do 4 dives a day. Will I get bored if I do this in Nassau? Booking with Stuart Cove.

I enjoyed Stuart’s Cove but the alternative was staying on the Disney Cruise ship and I am mostly a cold water diver.

I was not impressed with diving Nassau but I did not dive with Stuart Cove. Keep in mind this was maybe 15-20 years ago so maybe the condition of the sites have changed - I am thinking not. I was also there in January during a cold front with strong wind, with air and water temps at 64 F. So the seas were a bit rough and I think we got put into backup dive sites. We did however, like the reef sharks in what I recall to be the staging area for the shark dives (not quite Runway if I recall). We did not do the shark dive but the sharks are familiar with boat sounds and show up. We dove it, let the sharks circle and cut through our line of divers.

The Bond wrecks we saw were crumbling and are no doubt worse now.

Would you be bored with 4 tanks a day? Maybe but I can always find something to look at. I was not impressed with it enough to consider going back. Exuma was better than Nassau FWIW. And neither was as good as Cozumel in my opinion. Bear in mind that my Bahamas experiences are short duration and maybe someone who dives it often can give you a better insight.

I've been out with Stuart Cove a bunch of times. The reefs aren't the best in the world, but the wrecks are cool. They DO try to get people out to different sites during the week to avoid double dipping. They have 2 morning and 2 afternoon dives. The boats are pretty big, which is nice when it's choppy. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom