Nassau Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gldnrm01

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the better diving is? Whether it is the north side or south side. We are doing two afternoon dives - that's it. Thanks!

Marshall, thank you so much for the response and for sharing the videos. i'm still a little undecided as to which side to dive. We're arriving via a cruise ship which is on the north side - thus less headache and travel (i get sea sick just about everytime when the seas are over 2')....thus less travel time to the dive sites is better for me...do you remember the conditions as far as the vis and seas when you went? How long did it take for the boat to get to the dive sites. Thanks again!
-mark

I don't think you can go wrong diving in Nassau, period. The vis was 50+, maybe more. Crystal clear blue water around the reef. Seas were calm.

Hi. Just got back from New Providence on Monday. We dove the south-west with Stuart Cove's and the north-east with Bahama Divers - longest boat ride to 10 different sites was 15 minutes. Had a very positive experience with both. South-west has the most sites and Cove's shark dive. Bahama Divers does the Lost Blue Hole, a couple of wrecks, and the very nice (and extremely close - you'll dive in the shadow of your cruise liner) man-made Lighthouse reef. You can't go wrong.

Thank you so much for your response. Since we are only there for half a day i've been a little torn on what to do. My wife doesn't care for the shark dives (maybe in another year or two) but collects all the James Bond movies - i think she would like to dive those sites, however there is no guarantee that you'll get to dive those locations if you are only there for 2 dives in one afternoon. Also i hear it's a bit of a drive to Stuart Cove's due to traffic which doesn't appeal to me. i did hear that Bahama Divers is real close to the cruise ships but am curious if their dive sites are as nice as the south west sides. We really like the best vis possible along with smooooth boat rides - i get sick with just about anything above 2 footers (except on cruise ships of course). Bahama Divers said they dive the shipyard along with lighthouse reef teh afternoon we are there. What do you think? Thanks!

My wife and I dove with Stuart Cove's about 2 years ago and had a great experience on the south west side. We actually were staying on the north side of the island and decided to rent mopeds to cruise around and see the island. Took maybe 20 mins to get to the dive shop. Obviously wave height all depends on the weather, but Stuart Cove has nice big boats which mitigate some of the wave chop. Great vis, prob 60'-70'+. If your interested in seeing some of the island and getting some good dives in I would recommend going south side. If really time constrained just stay by your ship. In the end....your in the bahamas, the water is clear everywhere, there are various wrecks everywhere, and bottom line you'll be DIVING!! Enjoy.

Sounds like a no-brainer for only 1/2 day - go with Bahama Divers. First class outfit, very safety conscious. I did the two-tank Shipyard and Lighthouse reef last Sunday. Close in, good vis, lots of life. I'd think it'd be a fine diversion from your cruise ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom