Nassau cruise ship question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The wife, daughter and I will port in Nassau in June and they're going to do one of the ship activities so I'm wanting to try to get a couple of dives in as I've never been to the Bahamas.
Stuart Cove's caters to cruise passengers and they have a 7:45am pick up time.
Has anyone ever taken that trip off a Carnival cruise? They warn on their site that the timing is close but it looks doable if you can get off the ship fast.

Another option is Bahama Divers. 5mins by cab from the port - on the shore side of the Paradise Island bridge.

Bahama Divers
Arrival Policy - Cruise Ship Guests

Port restrictions make it difficult to plan pick-ups. We do offer complimentary return transportation to the Port for our guests. If you have made a reservation and are arriving by cruise ship please take a cab or local bus to the Dive Shop by the check-in times. All standard AM Excursions check-in at 8:30am. All standard PM Excursions check-in at 1:30pm. We are about a 5 minute taxi ride from the Cruise Ship Port making it very simple to get to us if you are on a tight schedule. If you need any help with planning feel free to contact us and we can advise. All questions or queries related to this booking/excursion should be directed to Bahama Divers at (242) 393-5644, (242) 393-1466, (954) 602-7731, or bahamadiversres@gmail.com.

Something they do that's different is the Lost Blue Hole dive. While it's not the classic Nassau white sand/coral reef dive, (there are some big coral heads on top) it's pretty spectacular - Lost Blue Hole - Nassau. And it's pretty sharky sometimes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htz9V8ud54o#t=52
(the pictures showing the blue hole surrounded by a fringing reef with the boat inside - that's Belize...)

With Carnival, unless you book your dive through them, your not guaranteed of being able to make the trip times.

This is why there is a dive in Freeport. UNEXSO is the dive charter that Carnival uses.

We went with Bahama Divers last year off a Carnival ship and I was extremely pleased. SC never seemed to be willing to work with us.
RichH

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'll look into Bahama Divers for sure. It would be a lot easier if diving was one of the excursions but for some reason it's not offered at any port this trip.

Back
Top Bottom