Nassau Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
The Villages, FL, and Northern Wisconsin (4 months
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Nassau this Saturday, November 28. We are staying at Paradise Island Resort. What is water temp there now? Anyone know. What is closest dive opeartion to Paradise Island Resort? We will be there for a week. Going with three others that do NOT dive. My wife may limit me to snorkeling with them, :rofl3:

Hi there,

The closest operation to PI is Bahamas Divers. You can also dive with Stuart Cove's since they have a bus that comes around and picks you up.

The water temp is about 80. The big babies (like me!) are wearing 5mm full suits but most tourists get away with 3mm shorties. It depends on your tolerance and whether or not the sun is shining!

Have fun!

Spot-on advice above, water is 78-80 right unless another cold front rolls in and Stuart Cove has a bus to pick you up and runs multiple boats.
Bahama Divers I think only has one boat (and I think no nitrox).

There are three or four nice wrecks on the other side of breakwater peninsula where cruise ships dock. I think the only operator that goes there is Bahama Divers.

And watch out for the invasive lionfish, they are everywhere..... :shocked2:

:DThanks again Brian. I am going to be limited on my diving by my wife and sister.:D Course I have been known to disappear when they turn their backs, :D and head to the nearest dive boat. I am not taking my BC but taking the rest of my gear. Trying to keep weight and luggage down. I probably will not get in as many dives as normal.

Thanks divebunny13 for info. I am Florida native so I will bring 5mm full suit :D

I will check with resort and see who they recommend. It sounds like Cove is a cattle boat and they restrict your dive time. I like coming up with less than 500 lbs not with 1700 lbs :D I was there once before on a cruise ship and dove with a small group. We had to dive in the harbor due to rough water. They did well but I can not remember their name. We walked from the cruise ship to their boat. Two people had brought their own weights and it was a long walk for them.

later, Dave

Should be a good weekend for it if the wind drops off like it ought!

WindGURU: Bahamas - Nassau

Wind direction puts Coves lee side of the island so should be smooth over there. Sadly with the thanks giving wk end they're prolly are busy. might be worth a phone call tho. long journey from PI too! :depressed:

The other op may have been Paradise charters, capt Corry?

I'm sure you'll have a blast either way!

Headed to Nassau this Saturday, November 28. We are staying at Paradise Island Resort. What is water temp there now? Anyone know. What is closest dive opeartion to Paradise Island Resort? We will be there for a week. Going with three others that do NOT dive. My wife may limit me to snorkeling with them, :rofl3:
Dave,
Flying down there myself on the 28'th, staying at Orange Hill Inn until the 6'th. Diving with Stuart Cove's at least 6 of the days in the morning. Was kicking around the idea of trying some other places in the evening. If your looking for a dive buddy, let me know.

Dave

Dave,
Flying down there myself on the 28'th, staying at Orange Hill Inn until the 6'th. Diving with Stuart Cove's at least 6 of the days in the morning. Was kicking around the idea of trying some other places in the evening. If your looking for a dive buddy, let me know.

Dave
We are at the Paradise Island Resort. I am not sure if I am going to try mornings or afternoons. I am with my wife, my sister, and brother in law of which none of them dive. So the big thing is getting away from them:rofl3: I also am not sure who I am going to dive with. I figured it out that I dove with Paradise Divers or something like that last time I was there. If I show up at Stuart Cove watch out for me. I am an old gezzer.:rofl3:
Dave

I have been diving with Bahama Divers. Nice bunch of people, small groups, so far using the full tank up. The best is it is only 5 minutes from the place we are staying on Paradise Island. No one answered phone at Paradise Divers, just a answering machine. Found out Cove does pick you up but it is almost a hour bus ride from our place.

Back
Top Bottom