Nassau, Bahamas Dive Operator Suggestions Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logic8482

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am travelling to Nassau via cruise ship in December and am trying to find a way to dive during our relatively short window of time (10am - 4pm).

The only two dive operators I have found are Bahama Divers and Stuart Cove and they both don't have dives that work within our time frame.

Does anyone know any other operations that would be able to accomodate 2 divers during this time? I don't think I am even able to book through the ship either as it appears they are not offerring a dive trip.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Sorry, but that would be it as far as dive ops. All the others went out of business.

The ships typically book through Stuart Coves and you just pay more for the same thing...... The bad thing about timing for Stuard Coves is that they are WAY on the other side of the island...

Bahama Divers is a lot closer to the cruise boat dock. I'd give them a call and see if they can arrange something for your time frame. Maybe they don't have anything booked that day and could make up some mid day package deal for you. You might have to pay a little extra, but that'd be worth it to be able do what you want on your vacation.

Sure their operation is on the other side of the island but they pick you up. Great diving and really good folks. I'd dive with them again!

I have read that you can shoredive out to Clifton Wall on the southwest side of the island. SC goes there so maybe they can confirm it. You'd have to rent from them anyway as BD is the opposite way from the cruise dock.

Not sure about the logistics of getting there/back either. The cruise ships dock near downtown Nassau so it would be a long cab ride over and back. And if you were late, the boat would sail without you since you weren't on their official dive excursion - which of course they don't offer.

Damn, that's a shame. That was a great charter. Stuart's cattle boats are just a complete turn off. You'd think with all those boats and corning the market they could space it out a little on deck.

And I remember, while at Dive Dive Dive, their neighbor, Dive Nassau or Nassau Dive, went out of businness.

This makes me really think different about going back to New Providence. There is a dive chareter on the north side, a married couple. Very small groups and catter to you and what you want. I can't remember their name but I'm sure a good search could find them. A bit on the pricey side but that comes with a very personal approach.

We dove with Stuart Cove's for our checkout dives. It is a great operation. This past December (2005) we dove multiple days with Bahama Divers. If you are on the ship, I suggest Bahama Divers for two reasons:

1. They will most likely pick you up for your dives. You will be at the shop by 8:30 AM and in the water within an hour.

2. You will be back at the shop by around noon, just in time for lunch at Th Poop Deck, upstairs from the dive shop

The best part about using Bahama Divers (if you are on a cruise) is you will have the whole afternoon to enjoy the sights like "The Queens Staircase, The Straw Market" or just the shopping downtown.

PM me for more specific information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom