Narrowed it down to three cameras - please help me decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are my three choices. I can purchase housing for all three cameras.
So what are the good, the bad, and the ugly?
This camera will used primary on land and not so much for underwater.

Thank you in advance.

Choice 1. Sony DSC-T300

Choice 2. Sony DSC-W300

Choice 3. Olympus Stylus 1030 SW

No Canon in that list....you're not done yet, go do some more homework :)

To be frank, you should not ask us what you should use for UW.... instead, since the camera would be used mostly topside, decide on what is most important to you for topside use. A housing is simply an added bonus in your case. If you want to get a good camera to take decent UW pictures, search here and stick to that same camera for topside use.

If the former is your main concern, check here at Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ for more reviews....

Here are my three choices. I can purchase housing for all three cameras.
So what are the good, the bad, and the ugly?
This camera will used primary on land and not so much for underwater.

Thank you in advance.

Choice 1. Sony DSC-T300

Choice 2. Sony DSC-W300

Choice 3. Olympus Stylus 1030 SW

I like the Olympus 1030 SW, we have one and it has many advantages including it is VERY durable (almost unbreakable with rough usage) and it is good to 30' without a case so it makes a perfect camera for going to water parks and snorkling.

The pictures from this camera are very impressive and clean. I have played with it in several tough lighting situations and the auto mode is able to handle them easily making it a true P&S camera.

The ONLY negative I have with the camera is there is not a true manual mode so if you are really serious about underwater photography, it may be a bit frustrating. If you are a casual underwater photographer, it should be fine for underwater and snorkleing and great above water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom