Name suggestion for a brown Doberman female puppy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it were male, Duane. (Check out Phil Silvers)

All of my dogs have told me their name in the first few weeks, the exceptions were that one dog was already named and the other pup my niece informed me of her name.

Bob
--------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

All of my dogs have told me their name in the first few weeks

But you need a point to start from

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 12:28 PM ----------

She is precious! My very smart girl is named Lucy. Diamonds are Forever is the registered name. I was supposed to pick a James Bond theme for her name. She was born on 7-7-07.

She is lovely :)

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

Those key words immediately makes me think of the Disney princess from the movie "Brave", her name was "Merida".

R..

Didn't see the movie, the name is new though

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Isis?

There's no particular reason for this name, but it would make me delighted, personally, if you would name her Cheyenne.

Why? Because, when we had our first Doberman litter, we had a very funny story. We had taken the bitch to the vet for x-rays, to find out how many puppies to expect, and they said 10, and maybe 11. So when she began to whelp, we counted puppies . . . we had 9 healthy black and tans, and one stillborn, not completely formed puppy, and then, after a hiatus, an 11th black and tan puppy. So we figured that was our "10, maybe 11", and we told our stepdaughter we were going to ride our horses, and to keep an eye on the bitch to make sure she didn't roll over on the puppies or anything untoward.

When we got home, Victoria met us on the porch and said, "You need to come see -- Justice had another puppy, and I think it's sick." I leapt out of the car and began running up the stairs, when the thought struck me . . . how would Victoria know if there was something wrong with a puppy? So I asked, "What makes you think it's sick?" And she solemnly told me, "It's the WRONG COLOR!" She, of course, had never seen a red dobe, and had no idea they came in that color.

The puppy wasn't sick, but we ended up keeping her. I think she probably did have a little hypoxic brain damage from being the 12th born, after more than 8 hours of labor, because she wasn't very smart, but she was one of the sweetest dogs you can imagine living with. Although she couldn't learn very well, she desperately wanted to, and she would try and try and try to get things right. It took six months to teach her to sit, where her father had learned in four repetitions in a single session.

At any rate, she was deeply and thoroughly loved, and we cherished all of her 8 years.

I would love the name to live on with someone else's beloved Doberman.

5c.jpg

If you're going to go Egyptian, then you'd probably be better off with "Anubis". The statue of Anubis in Tutankhamen's tomb depicted a crouching dog very similar to a doberman (probably a jackal).

However, Anubis was male. If you wanted to look for something related to him but female you could try Bastet (his mother) Anput (his wife) or Kebechet (his daughter).

Personally, the more I think of it, the more partial I am to Penelope. LOL (I know, I know, it's not my dog... blah blah blah). In reality, you'd shorten it to "Pen" or "Penny", which I still think would make good names.

Are you getting any inspiration from this or is it all just confusing you? :D

R..

Cocoa

You can't name her Bastet. That's a cat goddess!

Hershey.....And don't get her ears cropped...It's painful......Love her as she is.......

Back
Top Bottom