Naked Dive for the 100th dive? Really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will tease certain (liberal) students/buddies/divers about it. I have had only one in all the years that has actually bared it all and that was last year on Roatan. I have been informed by another that his 100th will happen while we are in Cozumel in a few weeks. Since he was witness to the previous encounter and will not be out [-]done[/-] performed by a female, I'm sure it will happen.
That will be one dive I will not be keeping a close eye on the entire group. :shocked2:

I just completed my 100th dive and there was no naked diver. Even though my instructor and dive buddy said I "had" to. I figure that there would not be much diving going on if I did it naked! :blinking:

I (and two buddies) did my #201 naked in Curacao, although I was repeatedly informed that using the crotch strap on my BP/W was "cheating." I think it was more out of whimsy than ritual, though. Certainly underscores the need for good spatial awareness buoyancy control when the lionfish are out and about in the dark.

I'm guessing the number of visitors to asha's profile has multiplied 10X in the last eighteen hours. :date:

Where I teach, we tease each other about having to do every multiple of a hundred naked, but with water temps around Chicago... never saw it done:-(

I asked a bunch of my old bald beer bellied dive buddies about it and they never heard of it. I asked some attractive young ladies on the dive boat and they said they were told it was mandatory, everybody does it.:D

fat.jpgGetting ready for # 100

Lots of people tease about it, but I don't want to be waiting in line for the naked diver to go up the ladder in front of me.

I'm guessing the number of visitors to asha's profile has multiplied 10X in the last eighteen hours. :date:

Well now I have to look! LOL..

Disturbing. Highly disturbing.

Lots of people tease about it, but I don't want to be waiting in line for the naked diver to go up the ladder in front of me.

Well, at least you will get to see a starfish on the dive! :)

My 100th dive was a cave dive with my cave instructor and his late wife. I am not sure how well that would have went over. Imagine if something happened and you were a body recovery. I just could not do that to someone.

Now I am coming up on two new 100's. My 100th dive here in Cuba will be this weekend. My 100th SM dive will be next month it looks like. I really don't want to do it this weekend, as I am doing video for SUDS. Those guys have been through enough already, they don't need to deal with that. Now my SM dive.. HMMMM.

Am I the only one thinking that 'once-upon-a-time' this started out as "narked dive"... a deep dive to celebrate experience.... but somehow got lost in translation over time?

:wink:

Reminds me of the following joke: a younger monk is going through tthe underground hallways of the monastery in search of the old and wise monk. At one point he hears crying. He approached the area only to find the older monk in tears in front of old opened scripts. When asked about what seems to be the problem the old monk answered ''Something got lost in translation a long time ago...the word contained in the script is celebrate and not celibate''

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

...and how many have noticed the butt naked sea lion by her side who does it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom