NACD update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
My name is Sandy Robinson, and I have the privilege to be the new Public Relations Chair for the NACD. I would like to thank Craig Walters for his dedication over the last 2 years, and thank the current committee members, Doug Rorex, Elisha Gibson, Bob Schulte, and Ernie Rookey for their work.

One of my goals over the next twelve months is to communicate some of the volunteer and educational efforts of the NACD and its members to the diving community. I hope to post something monthly on this forum for your information. I will start by mentioning Doug Rorex who organized the 8th Annual clean-up of Cannonball Cave in Missouri in August. Also in August, Tim Owens made a presentation to the South Florida Divers. His presentation included cave diving training, safety, equipment, and an overview of some of the north Florida caves. We appreciate the efforts of Doug and Tim for handling these conservation and educational projects.

Looking ahead, mark your calendars for the weekend of November 5, 6, and 7. On Friday evening, the annual NACD social will be held at Ginnie Springs. Food, refreshments, and entertainment will be provided, and Ben Bright will be hosting the third annual chili cook-off. On Saturday, plan to attend the 42nd NACD Annual Seminar at the Clarion Inn and Conference Center in Gainesville. The NACD has lined up some outstanding speakers and some fantastic prizes. There is a $40 fee for NACD members and a $45 fee for non-members. Finally, complete your weekend on Sunday at the 4th annual CCR Clinic at Ginnie Springs. For the CCR Clinic, there is a $10 donation. More information to follow.

The NACD has a display at the Man in the Sea Dive Museum in Panama City and is working with the museum manager to determine how the exhibit can be enhanced. If you have any suggestions or cave dive memorabilia that you would like to donate to the museum, please contact the NACD.

I look forward to working for you and for the NACD. If you have any suggestions or wish to volunteer, please contact me.

Sandy Robinson
NACD – Public Relations Chair
I cannot post my email address with less than 5 posts but try pr@safecavediving.com
For the NACD site, try www.safecavediving.com

Thanks Sandy and welcome to the board!

p.s. I fixed your links. :wink:

Test post number 5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom