My Workout Conditioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narced Out

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So i am 16 and im a junior in high school. I'm currently preparing to join the army next may. I thought id share a few of my workout routines that i do to get in shape with everyone here.

I have weight training every other day, our teacher dosent do crap, so i put together my own little green beret workout. (this dosent include what i do in wrestling pre-season with our coach being a body builder) :cool2:

Ill start out with pull up super sets:

1. Pull-ups, 75 to 100 repetitions (seven to 10 sets of 10 reps) Go until you cant go any more.

2. Sit ups: 50-100

3. Push-ups, 200 to 300 repetitions (10 to 15 sets of 20 reps). Ive been doing push ups every night for the past 5 months. If you cant do that many, go for as many as you can in 1 minute.

4. Bench: grab 50% of your max and rep that as many times as you can till you arms give out.

5. Military press: with 20lb dumbell as many times as you can, then do curls as many times as you can for 1 min.

6. 50-100 more sit ups.

7. Squats max reps in 1 minute

8. Tricep Extension max reps in 1 minute.

9. Any choice of cardio for like 20-30minutes.

You should only be resting for about 20 seconds in between switching.

This is my circuit training workout, i have workouts put together for certian days like Chest and tris, Back and Bis, Legs and shoulders so if your interested in any of these let me know ill give you the workouts for those.

After this you should be feeling pretty tired, go drink up that protein shake. Doing this at least once a week will keep you in good shape overall and for diving. :D

If you have any desire to make it in to the elite units within the Army (Special Operations, Ranger, Airborne), you need to be able to carry a lot of weight a long distance at a fast pace. The weight of a heavy ruck will break a lot of people -- trust me I've seen it many times.

If you follow the workouts at sites like Seal FIT over the next year you will, in my opinion, be much better off and far ahead of your peers.

Good luck,

Add weight to your routine. Like James said you will have to move large amounts of weight. Endurance is definitely important, especially in the military, but you should really add a few days of heavy lifting into your routine. Dead lifts, squats, weighted chin ups, weighted dips, etc. Try a 5x5 type workout, mixed with your current endurance oriented workout. Core strength is extremely important especially when you are carrying a heavy pack all day. The only way you can develop that core strength is by doing squats and deads and really loading your core with weight. Doing 100 situps isn't going to prepare your body for carrying a 70 pound pack for long extended periods. But you should already be familiar with this type of routine, since these exercises should already be basis of your wrestling workout routine

Back
Top Bottom