My Whale Shark video Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sipadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
# of dives
200 - 499
We were cruising along South Ari, in the Maldives, when the lookout shouted - WHALE SHARK!!!

The sea was a little bit rough - 1m swells. But we jumped in with just our fins and masks anyways. I made a mistake and left my snokel on the board the boat - I thought the rough seas would just make snokelling impossible- but the other divers used it effectively.

Visibility was a bit hard to see at times, maybe 10m. Anyways, watch the video. Enjoy. If you have trouble watching this video - you may have to open a multiply account and download the video. Its 50mb and may take awhile if you don't have a good internet connection.
The Gentle Knight - Swimming with a Whale Shark in the Maldives

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! That brought back memories of doing the "Whale Shark Interaction" in Donsol, Philippines. The first time you jump in and see one.. it's like [censored]... I could here you screaming!!!

That was way cool. BTW - you need to learn to swim faster :D

Z...

Did you drop on his back ?
:rofl3:
( have you got the phone number of the girl I've seen at the beginning ?:D)

You've been lucky to find that one with such a sea !
Thanks for sharing that funny video.
Zeeman is true, to see whale sharks from Singapore, the best are the PI : Donsol or Sogod bay

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! That brought back memories of doing the "Whale Shark Interaction" in Donsol, Philippines. The first time you jump in and see one.. it's like [censored]... I could here you screaming!!!

That was way cool. BTW - you need to learn to swim faster :D

Z...

Hi Z man,

Haha, no that sound is the whale shark. Not me. I was totally speechless as it went by.

I was trying to concentrate on filming - and not dropping my camera into the bottom of the ocean. Didn't bring my snokel.

Back
Top Bottom