My Week on The Socorro Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Soccoro Aggressor is 40 m steel vessel that was purpose built as a diving vessel in Egypt around 2004. At that time it was called "Cassiopeia" operated by a company called Red Sea Boats.

Cassiopeia | Red Sea Diving Safari with M/Y Cassiopeia and M/Y Andromeda | Liveaboards and diving safaris in Egypt & Sudan

The machinery was already second hand when the boat was built. When it was sold in 2016 the previous owners had already built the sister ship "Andromea" they are still operating at the Red Sea in Egypt and Sudan.

I have been on both the Cassiopeia and the Andromed while they were still working at the Red Sea and they had regularly problems with engines and generators. As you can guess second hand machinery in Egypt would not be in very good condition, especially after being operated for 12 more years back-to-back.

The cabins and the boat layout is spacious and comfortable and could be perfect for this itinerary. When I understood that is was sold to Mexico I really hoped that they would invest the appropriate amount to make the vessel work reliably.

I hope to have better experience on the Oman Aggressor.

The Red Sea Aggressor I was fantastic, and I would go on the Red Sea Aggressor II and the Oman Aggressor since they are owned by the same man in Egypt. He has the boats custom built, and they are very similar if not the same and provide a very comfortable and reliable experience.

After the recent fire on the Red Sea Aggressor II with one fatality are you still sure that this Egyptian entrepreneur is an insurance for high safety standards?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom