My very own Tanks !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I'm pretty excited. I just got back from my favorite Dive Shop.
I ordered my tanks. 2 PST LP 104's. I also ordered a Dive-rite 300 bar DIN manifold with Isolation valve, and plugs so I can take the manifold off and dive singles for now.
Also made plans for a couple of trips and discussed some future training.

In the past month I've also gotten or ordered: Drysuit, Turtle Fins, Fred T Heavy Plate and STA.

Now with all my own warm and cold water gear I'm going to be doing a lot more diving this year!! :D

I'm gonna be like the new kid in the pool! I think I'll take one of my buddies and go find a quiet shallow part of the Lake to play in while I get used to this stuff!

Hmmmm......... Now,do I dedicate them Nitrox or not?
Any thoughts?

Sounds like your all ready to come north and dive with us!

As for making them Nitrox - that becomes a personal preference, and how much will you dive Nitrox. And in a way how much are you willing to pay for the pleasure of diving ('cause Nitrox fills tend to be more expensive).

I now have a set of air, and a set of Nitrox, but I've done that because of DMing.

Congraduations on the purchase. My 104's are due in any day now. I too am going to dive them single at first and then later maybe double them up.

Chad

While the fills are more expensive, the extra cost pales in comparison to the amount we have invested in our equipment. AND, you can always have it filled with EAN 21 :tease:

Originally posted by NetDoc
While the fills are more expensive, the extra cost pales in comparison to the amount we have invested in our equipment. AND, you can always have it filled with EAN 21 :tease:

Ahh my Florida friend -- that was what I meant to say.. fill the Nitrox "a la air-level" (of 21%)... but obviously I've been out of the water too long, and did not include that in my original post. Thanks for actually saying what I meant to say. :)

I think Nitrox is the way to go.
I do know of one trip that it will be a hassle for (the only shop near the docks won't put air in Nitrox labeled Tanks), but I suppose I can rent for one trip.

Thanks again,

There's another thread with a bit more detail on the "air" filling of Nitrox, in which NetDoc further explains the 21% fill

EAN 21

(it's been 4 months):rolleyes: It took a while to get the valves!
I picked up my tanks thursday :) , All o2 cleaned and dedicated nitrox. They look big and serious next to my wifes aluminum 80's.

My FDS (favorite dive shop) has been great! they let me borrow 2 HP steel tanks til mine came in, a 100 and a 120. I kinda like the HP 120 I've been using. Maybe I'll get one of those for single tank diving when I double mine up (as soon as I can afford the regs).

Now for another weekend dive trip, hmmm..........

:D

BTW (dripping with sarcasm) do you know of any on-line dive shops that would let you borrow tanks for 4 months???????????

A big :thumb: for my FDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom